over fueling ford fiesta - piston power
ford fiesta 1.1 ohv 94 l reg, the spark plugs are wet through with fuel! cleaned them up ran the car for about 200mls no start, wet through again removed air filter box carb unit seems to be over fueling there's a lot of fuel sprayed into the carb on tickover, the air filter is dirty which i have replaced my question is this carb adjustable? if so were is the co screw? we don't want to start buying a new carb cos the car isn't worth it but will get s/hand if need be, this car has the cat fitted hope you can help??
over fueling ford fiesta - Screwloose
bigtee

It's not a carb, it's a single-point injection throttle body. Fuelling adjustment is fully controlled by the ECU and they are notorious for doing this. Sadly; there's no simple fix - even after everything is sorted; some Fiesta's are just like that. Identify the fuel-pump fuse [see handbook] and just pull it out and then floor it till it starts; then stops - then you put the fuse back.

There's three different manufacturers of the single-point unit on that year; the name should be on the throttle body. [Bosch; Weber-IAW and Solex. Some have a "clear-flood" programme in the software; you floor the throttle BEFORE you turn on the ignition and then it doesn't activate the fuel-pump until you release it. [Doesn't often work; but...]

Coolant temp sensors; air temp sensors; throttle position sensors; fuel-pressure regulators; all sorts can be tried. It could be one of those [or something else] but, in coldish weather, they are well prone to over-fuelling.
ok mate i'll give it a try if that dosen't work i'll set it on fire the dam thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over fueling ford fiesta - madf
New plugs, clean all engine breathers, new air filter. Is oil clean?

All maintenance helps:-)
madf
over fueling ford fiesta - bell boy
the most important thing to do is not to touch the throttle pedal when starting the car,let it go through its high rev stage at startup and then settle to a constant slower tickover before setting off,as said once flooded they need the fuse out or the plug on the injector disconnecting to purge the system.They look like they are overfuelling when you look down the venturi but they arent (not normally anyway).
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
cheers oldman i'll give it a go.