peugoet 306 new battery cant stop alarm - borisbker
Hi,
Peugeot 307 TDI 1997
just fitted new battery, car starts fine but alarm keeps going off. Key remote control broken can only lock and unlock manually by key. Any suggestions how to stop alarm going off .
peugoet 306 new battery cant stop alarm - Roberson
Do you know where the alarm siren is located? The only thing I can suggest for now, is to unplug it. At least then you can use the car without the siren going off until it?s fixed.

This happened to my Polo?s alarm (a retrofitted example). For some reason, it kept going off for no reason. Disarming it with the remote sufficed until not so long ago when it went off (even though I hadn't actually turned it on) and the battery in the remote control was flat. So, the only thing for it (in the middle of UCI car park) was to open the bonnet (which then acts like a gramophone horn and amplifies the sound) and yank all the cables out the back. Its never been reconnected since. Or never made a squeak since neither!
peugoet 306 new battery cant stop alarm - Peter D
Disconnect the battery for 2 mins and remake with a clean reconnect may sort it. Regards Peter
peugoet 306 new battery cant stop alarm - LeePower
Hi

This alarm is battery back, Fiddle with its power source & the siren goes off for a whole 5 minutes.

So reconnect the cars battery, Open the door manually, Then turn the ignition on so the STOP & other warning lights are on & WITHIN 10 seconds press & hold the ultrasonic deactivate button to turn the alarm off.

Its the small button with a spot in the middle & little half circles next to it.

I gather you dont have the owners handbook for this car then?
peugoet 306 new battery cant stop alarm - borisbker
Hi,

unfortunately I cant find the button you mention. There is a red light on the right hand side of the steering wheel, but no button. I dont think alarm was factory fitted, i do have handbook, but I cant find button as per the book
peugoet 306 new battery cant stop alarm - BobbyG
My dad's 306 had a manual override key switch for his alarm, IIRC it was situated in the engine bay towards the passenger wing. Just put the key in and turn it off?
Of course not sure if your 306 will have this?
peugoet 306 new battery cant stop alarm - BobbyG
Been discussed before

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=30283&...f