'Driven' tonight - Honest John
I was looking for the thread on 'Driven' tonight and couldn't find one, so thought I'd better start it myself. Apart from the plug for cheap ClioSport 172s (either good PR by showroom4cars or they nicked it from my site) I thought the show was excellent, especially playing with one man down. I once had driving lessons from Johnny Mowlem. Shame about those new chicanes at Castle Coomb. (Sorry, Alex, didn't spell-check 'Coomb'.)

HJ
Re: 'Driven' tonight - boost
Driven in decent TV shocker!

The CTR is the business though. Heard they often put out more than the quoted 197bhp - something to do with Japanese tax laws.
Don't know if that's true or indeed false ......
Re: 'Driven' tonight - Lee H
I was tentatively looking for a Driven thread too!

Really enjoyed the S2000 v S Type race, probably more exciting than most motorsport on TV these days. Loved too the boy racer bit. Seeing Racing Jason looking in disbelief at their driving antics shows just how bad some of these nutters are:

BR : "It seems to slide a bit out of that corner"
JP : "That might be the way you took it"

BR :
JP : "What are you doing with the gearbox?"
BR : "We do drag racing, you need to do that."

Wonder too if the Toyota had been in Evil Black with Evil black alloys like the Civic if they'd like it too.

PS - as a side note, they Boy Racers reminded me of seeing a body builder on a game show with Colin Jackson (Olympic Hurdler). The inflated body builder looked very silly next to the Olympian. You've got to respect the real talent!
Re: 'Driven' tonight - Rob S
B******s! Forgot to set the video.

Rob s
Re: 'Driven' tonight - Honda Civic R - jack
"Driven" was mentioned in the Honda type R thread below.
Re: 'Driven' tonight - Honda Civic R - Steve G
Enjoyed the show tonight.
Shame they did'nt put some older Hot Hatches up against the new ones.
I'm sure a 306 GTi6 would give the Type-R a hard time and you can buy them for about £6000 these days.
Re: 'Driven' tonight - Honda Civic R - CJ
Sorry folks but the so-called 'boy racers' looked like the usual characters you see driving through residential areas at 50mph+ - no doubt with the stereo turned up to the maximum level. The scary thing for me was when you saw just how poor they were at driving.....
Re: 'Driven' tonight - Honda Civic R - Peter Mason
Really enjoyed the programme, and thought the Type R iped the floor with the other two for looks. My wife, who has a G Reg Civic, but who usually regards cars as a tool like any mechanical object (washing machines, vacuum cleaner, etc.) has decided that she MUST have one when she retires! I hope there are some reasonable two year old examples on the secondhand market by then!
P.
Re: 'Driven' tonight - Honda Civic R - Flat in Fifth
And of course Driven indirectly encouraged stupid urban driving by staging that timed test simulating urban(ish) driving!

Much respect for Mr Plato but please don't end up as another Tiff.