Buying new Peugeot - richard turpin
If anyone has had any personal experience with a reputable continental importer who can do Peugeots, and can recomend them, I would appreciate any help.
A friend is about to pay full UK price on a new 206, and I thought I would give her the benefit of your opinions.
Re: Buying new Peugeot - Fred Stoat
Buy something else....
Re: Buying new Peugeot - T lucas
Its good that she wants to support a local business and not help put friends and neighbours on the rock n roll.
Re: Buying new Peugeot - richard turpin
Understood. Done it now. Thanks.
Re: Buying new Peugeot - martin
i think if you go to parkers.co.uk there are many pages on importing a foriegn car.

I also visited a enitre page dedicated to this process. i will try to remeber what it is.

Adverage savings are from £2000 to £5000 according to PArkers!
Re: Buying new Peugeot - martin
Here is the link, there is however a waiting list. It seems the 206 is the best Peugeot on offer with a saving of some £3000!!!

www.all-car-imports.co.uk
Re: Buying new Peugeot - Honest John
And what about the pages about importing cars on THIS website? We've been here before but I'm not too pleased about visitors recommending competitive websites which aren't as good as mine on my money.

HJ
Re: Buying new Peugeot - martin glover
No offence meant HJ, i assumed that richard had already gone down those alleys. Off course, your pages are vastly superior to those outsiders.
Re: Buying new Peugeot - richard turpin
Yes well confession time. I cant access HJ's site. Have tried but does not work. Also I was asking for personal references. Somebody who has actually done it.
PS I have just tried again to access continental importers via HJ and failed again. How the hell do hou do it from Home?
Re: Buying new Peugeot - Honest John
Go to Honest John's FAQs, see the question at FAQ 2, click on . It just worked for me accessing it from the menu at the side of The Backroom.

HJ
Re: Buying new Peugeot - CM
I bought a new pug a few years back (306xtdt) and got £1500 off because it was nearing the end of the sales period for the dealership and they needed to meet their quota.

Why don't you find the cheapest price from a supermarket and then take it to the main dealer and see what he can do. I heard a story about an MB dealer in London. All these S500 drivers were going to Germany and picking one up there £15k less than in the UK, so the dealer matched this price just to get some business.
Re: Buying new Peugeot - AndyS
If your friend has driven a 206 for a long distance and is happy with the driving position, fine, (s)he must be a very different shape from me. If not make sure they do before they buy.