Hyundai coupes - fray bentos
Thinking about new car options, has anyone any experience/thoughts on the Hyundai coupes? I think they look great, the 5 year warranty obviously appeals, and discounts of £2000 plus on the 1.6 makes it seem a bargain!
Hyundai coupes - Tomo
Son-in-law has had the F2 Evolution model of the old shape from new in 1999 and is still happy with it. Although, it has just disgraced itself; they managed to fail it last week with an allegedly corroded brake pipe. And the wheels need re-fettling, a bit. Still, that's about it, apart from tyres.

As to the current ones, they indeed look great, but the 1.6 is rather anaemic.
Hyundai coupes - Waino
We looked at them quite closely a couple of years ago when SWMBO needed a new car.
1. They look great.
2. I heard no adverse comments - except (as stated above) the 1.6 hasn't got enough grunt.
3. We didn't get one because sadly there wasn't enough headroom for me (at 6ft 3ins) and we then needed a more practical car (Dad developed a need for a wheelchair/needed more room in the back). We ended up with a very nice 3-door Focus.
4. But - we still like Hyundai Coupes - especially the Mk2(?) with the quirky headlight arrangement.
Hyundai coupes - Kenny29
good timing!

picked up my coupe on monday night! Mines is the 2.0SE.

Fantastic cars. For the money the spec is incredible. It looks and sounds fantastic. The styling is a blatant rip off of the ford mustang/ferrari 550, which im delighted about! Jeremey Clarkson reviewed one a while aog and for once, i agreed with the man. He said it sounded and felt more like a ferrari than some ferraris do. he is spot on. Im not sure about the 1.6, but the 2.0 sounds brilliant. The 2.7V6 is a little heavier, and only has an extra 17BHP (if memory serves) over the 2.0 . in owners clubs circles, the 2.0 is apparently the one ot have. never driven the 1.6, so couldnt comment.

Over all, im delighted with mine. The insurance is cheap too, due do a thatcham cat 1 alarm and immobiliser being factory fitted. I went from paying £600 insurance on a grand vitara, to paying £380 on a 2.0 coupe.

go for it!
Hyundai coupes - fray bentos
Well done for buying an interesting car! Am I allowed to ask what sort of deal you got?
Hyundai coupes - mare
this thread from last year may inspire. Or maybe not

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=28742
Hyundai coupes - mike hannon
I was in Switzerland last September and was deeply impressed by the wall-to-wall interesting motors (compared with France, anyway). Presumably the Swiss can afford to indulge their fancy. And - to my eyes - the most frequently noticed car there...the Hyundai coupe.
Hyundai coupes - cub leader
my boss at work bought one recently and is very happy with it and believe me he is very difficult to please!!!
--
Temporarily not a student, where did the time go???
Hyundai coupes - jase1
I took a test-drive in a 2.0 last month and was deeply impressed considering the price. It was good to drive, had very tidy handling, the interior seemed very well screwed together etc.

Such a pity that anyone over 6 feet tall will not have enough headroom (legroom is just fine). Ruled me out :(
Hyundai coupes - mrmender
Test drove a V6 belter!
But try as i could i could not do without the practicality of a estate or decent Hatch back
Shame on me
Hyundai coupes - JH
Fray,
no experience but the thoughts are that they look great. I'd happily buy one if I was in the market for a coupe.
JH
Hyundai coupes - Happy Blue!
A friend had a V reg; Mk1? The first really good looking one, anyway. Drove it until a few months ago, with no reliability issues at all. The only complain was after heavy rain, it dumped a little water on the seats when a door was opened.

Another friend has the latest model, about 18 months old. Again, perfectly reliable and a good looking car. Our Hyundai Trajet is almost 18 months old and has not missed a beat.

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Hyundai coupes - Maz
2 litre is the one to go for. Don't have a sunroof as there were rust issues on earlier models. Make sure you can live with the firm ride. Build quality shy of A1.

Really good value cars though and image is surely on the up as they'll be competing in F1 next season.
Hyundai coupes - Aprilia
The Hyundai coupe is pretty good to drive and good value. The downsides are a rather unwelcoming cabin (IMHO) and the Hyundai leather starts to smell a bit unpleasant after a couple of years.

Be aware that Hyundai can really sting you for parts (helps pay for the warranty) and their brake pads seem to be made out of cardboard (they wear out at low mileage). Replacement pads for a humble Getz come in at £90 and obviously are not warranty items.
Hyundai coupes - jase1
Be aware that Hyundai can really sting you for parts (helps
pay for the warranty) and their brake pads seem to be
made out of cardboard (they wear out at low mileage). Replacement
pads for a humble Getz come in at £90 and obviously
are not warranty items.

Interesting.

Explains my Accent then. After only 20K the pads wore out, and I didn't believe the dealer so didn't change them and ended up wearing them down to the metal so needed to replace the discs as well.

Now at close-on 40K I have a suspicion they're wearing down again.

Only real complaint I have about the car to be fair (mechanically it's been spot-on). Do the pattern parts last any longer? I was stung for £170 last time I had to change discs and pads. I was thinking of getting some new pads from the motor factors and fitting myself regardless of wear.
Hyundai coupes - Aprilia
Interesting.
Explains my Accent then. After only 20K the pads wore out,
and I didn't believe the dealer so didn't change them and
ended up wearing them down to the metal so needed to
replace the discs as well.
Now at close-on 40K I have a suspicion they're wearing down
again.
Only real complaint I have about the car to be fair
(mechanically it's been spot-on). Do the pattern parts last any longer?
I was stung for £170 last time I had to change
discs and pads. I was thinking of getting some new pads
from the motor factors and fitting myself regardless of wear.

Yes, get a set of Mintex/Delphi etc pads - should last much better. Hyundai discs are stupid price too, so try to seek out some pattern items.
Hyundai coupes - mrmender
I think we can sum up this thread by now & say there are no real probs
Hyundai coupes - bell boy
immobilisors
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Hyundai coupes - Aprilia
immobilisors
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"

I think they've sorted out the immobiliser problem on the later cars, Oldman.
Hyundai coupes - Collos25
For some reason they have been selling new coupes for 12K euros in Germany must be a new model due.
Hyundai coupes - Tomo
2009 it says here.

tinyurl.com/r672m