Fiat Punto 55S Speedometer Problems - TomHastings
Hi my speedometer on my Fiat Punto isnt working properly, are there usually faults on this and how or what should i do to fix it and is it expensive
Fiat Punto 55S Speedometer Problems - Gromit {P}
Hi Tom,
When you say the speedo isn't working, what's wrong with it? Is it juddering, reading the wrong speed or not reading at all, for example?

I'm by no means an expert, but if we know exactly what the fault is, we stand a better chance of curing it.

Regards,
- Gromit
Fiat Punto 55S Speedometer Problems - TomHastings
hi it counts the miles and petrol correctly and the time.
But on the actual speed most the time it doesnt work.
sometimes it kicks in and shows my speed but only sometimes.

Thanks

Tom
Fiat Punto 55S Speedometer Problems - bell boy
hi tom i had this with a 75sx the only cure is a new head the one i had the mileometer was fine but the speedo would stick at 30 mph it was an elecrical speedo on mine i cant remember what your is but the solution is if you look at the speedo cowling you will see two philips type screws undo this and remove the outer cowling,you may have to jiggle it through the steering wheel.
You will then see 4 screws holding the speedo head in undo these and carefully pull the speedo head forward and making a note of the connections as they all look the same (tippex may help numbered 1-5) undo them all and if it is an electric speedo then i suggest you get another from a scrappie or an internet auction i would expect to pay a £10/£15.
If you are worried about the mileage just make a note of the mileage in your service history book and explain what you did at resale time (it is not illegal to do this
If it is a cable then try renewing that, but im sure they arent.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"