Non starting Rover 416si - cumfray1
Little Rover not starting since wife drove it through a puddle. It did start & run for 1 day then stopped, refuses to start now. Is it Dizzy & plugs or something more sinister. Advice appreciated as wife is eyeing her 406 that I'm using. TIA
Non starting Rover 416si - samzbloke
Our 214 cabriolet's IGNITION COIL is located directly behind the front passenger side headlamp, and is always getting wet in severe weather. Not sure if yours is the same? A squirt of WD40 then covering with a plastic carrier bag sorted my problem. Yours maybe too far gone, source another one then squirt and cover! Different coil to mine but i've sourced you a cheap one, check this link......
cgi.ebay.co.uk/IGNITION-COIL-LUCAS-ROVER-CIVIC-CRX...m

Best copy and paste into your browser......Dan
Non starting Rover 416si - Civic8
Did it stall after the drive through puddle?.if it didnt,I dont think its related,but do check dizzy cap as water may have got past the seal.
if you havent checked the coil for shorts check it out after dark they do fail suddenly on rovers-as does the Crank position sensor
--
Steve
Non starting Rover 416si - samzbloke
Steve knows his stuff, you're a busy man Steve...thx for your help with my ROVER prob, posted a new reply a min ago...
Hi Steve-o yep straight after driving through puddle it conked out with a splutter. Cheers also for the info samzbloke.
Should also add its a 98 R plate 416.
Non starting Rover 416si - Civic8
Must have been a deep puddle or was it driving too fast through a flooded road?.the ECU and coil are high up so any ingress of water would need to be pressurised to get into cap or ecu,which would only occur on flooded road not noticed beforehand..as a ps does engine turn over at all....ingress of water through inlet manifold would lock engine/aside that check as I stated before
--
Steve