Main dealer.I got good service! - barney100
Just to balance the usual complaints against main dealers my local Mercedes Basingstoke garage gave excellent service this week. I had an esp abs light flashing away on the dash and only the main lot have the appropriate computer to plug in....this usually precedes pain in the wallet in my experience. However they sent their mobile man out to my place of work and diagnosed the problem then later he came round to my house and fitted the offending part (£56) also changing a duff bulb. They gave me 40% labour discount as I have a model over six years old and the lot including Gordon Brown's cut was £131 odd.....not bad I think.
Main dealer.I got good service! - Falkirk Bairn
About 8 years ago I had a similar experience with an MB dealer - I had recently bought a 2 year old C Class from AN Other Dealer.

Light came on on dashboard and took it down to local MB main Dealer on the Saturday morning - plugged it in - reset the light, washed the car and no charge!!

6 months later the Wiper motor on the C220 gave up - £510, 6 mths later the fuel pump went £720 - the next thing to go was 3 months later - the C Class.

I now drive Japanese but my first experience with the MB main dealer was a pleasure.
Main dealer.I got good service! - Dave N
Was it Tony Purslow?
Main dealer.I got good service! - barney100
Yes it was.
Main dealer.I got good service! - tack
I took my C4 into local Citroen dealer (Romford) for its 1000 mile inspection. Booked it in for 8.30am, service guy said "take a seat, won't be long" Was out of dealer by 9.15. This is despite the fact that the poor guy had been almost attacked by 3 Hyundai driving pensioners who treated him in the most appalling fashion over their servicing (know the type? the ones who think they own Sainsburys door area as it is due to open and woe betide anyone who dares to get close to the doors before them.)