Vectra C Eco-Service Query - Jon Cunningham-Smith
I'm baffled by the service interval on my recently purchased 1.8 16v 2005 Vectra.

I bought the car at 11 months old and the supplying Network Q retailer agreed to carry out the 1st service. He has stamped the service book under Eco-Service (G) which should be for 1 year or 20,000 ml intervals.

I believe you can also opt for Eco-Service Flex on this vehicle which extends the time between services depending on driving style. Should the supplying retailer have given me this option?

Also the service book confuses me. Under service plan G, the last checklist item is "Program the computer for Eco-Service Flex". Why does it say this?

If I press the odometer reset button with the ignition off, it flashes up 21,000 miles to next oil change. As I have done 700 miles since it has been serviced, It looks like the car is set up for variable oil change servicing.

I didn't find the retailer helpful, so I am loathe to ask them again.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers - Jon Cunningham-Smith
Vectra C Eco-Service Query - Collos25
It always amazes me how badly some of these autohouses treat there customers,you can get better treatment and service buying a bar of chocloate.
I'm sure I would have received better service from 'Shifty Draughty Secondhand Motors'! This was a Vauxhall main dealer that I can't name or shame!

Vectra C Eco-Service Query - Carrow
Try Vauxhall customer services!!
Vectra C Eco-Service Query - MW
Far too complex. Keep it simple and change the oil and filter every 6,000 miles.
Problem solved. Car good for 150,000 miles.
Vectra C Eco-Service Query - Dynamic Dave
Hi Jon,

Sounds like they've mixed one service interval up with another. The 2yr / 20,000 service interval is called the Eco-Service Flex. They've left your car on this setting but carried out the 1yr / 20,000 mile service instead.

The main difference is the oil used. The Eco-Service Flex service uses Vauxhall's long life oil (fully synth), and if any topping up is necessary, then only the same oil should be used otherwise you compromise the 2yr service interval and you should have the oil changed after a yr.

For the 1yr / 20,000 mile service they should use Vauxhall's semi synth oil (which is half the price of the long life oil)

Check which oil they've used. If it's the long life stuff (GM-LL-A-025) then yours is on the Eco-Service Flex interval.

More info from a previous post of mine here:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=37...3

ps, oil technology has leapt forward in huge great jumps and bounds. Gone are the days where you need to change it every five minutes. That said, I still wouldn't leave it for 20,000 miles. I get mine done yearly, which equates to roughly 10,000 miles in a yr.
Thanks Dave,

Hopefully one phone call will sort it out.

Also need to know re the oil. I did figure that the oil was different from the service booklet. I needs to top up with the right one (Not that it's used any at the moment!!)

Also planning on getting mine serviced yearly as I think 2 years is a long time (especially as the car gets older)

Thanks for your help again Dave

Vectra C Eco-Service Query - Dynamic Dave
Also need to know re the oil.

Did your invoice have the price of the oil on it? IIRC, the semi synth oil is around the £30 mark, and the long life fully synth is double that.

Basically if you've been charged a large amount for the oil, then chances are it's the long life fully synth.