Alfa 159 - machika
I see from the Channel 4/4Car road test that the new petrol engines are mostly a GM design, with just the cylinder head design coming from Alfa. Also of interest, the diesel engines have a maintenance free particle filter.

All in all, they were very impressed by the car.
Alfa 159 - bbroomlea{P}
Only reason I would buy an Alfa would be for the looks and the sound of the engines. Cant see GM making anything anywhere near as beautiful as the twin spark
Alfa 159 - massey
Alfa156..good engines....rest of the vehicle unreliable and substandard

Alfa 159... wait and see but I fear it will be a another big disappointment
Alfa 159 - school boy
As Clarkson says, there is a piont at which everything works perfectly just onece and you will forgive it for the money its cost you. Then you can really appreciat a well built car.
Alfa 159 - tr7v8
And this is an arguement we get into regularly, based on what?
Loads of Alfa drivers over on Pistonheads with lots of miles up and total reliability. And the bits that broke on mine were generally engine bits made by Bosch in Germany....
Unreliable & substandard is complete rubbish but you'll carry on believing what you hear in the pub so who cares...

Comment made elsewhere about the 159 is that its a big car more of a replacement for the 166 than the 156. This'll be sad becauseone of the things I liked about my 156 was it's size, their is only 2 of us & the Sportwagon was an ideal size. I don't want a Mondeo size car. If I get time over the weekend I hae an invite from my local dealers so may go & have a look.
Alfa 159 - massey
'Unreliable & substandard'

didn't hear this in the pub ......experinced this load of 156 Italian rubbish
Alfa 159 - Collos25
I believe they have stopped making the twin spark some time back.
Alfa 159 - machika
I believe they have stopped making the twin spark some time
back.

The 1.6 and 1.8 engines are Twin Spark, I think.
Alfa 159 - PR {P}
They were, as was the 2.0. The new ones are no longer twin sparks