2005 Toyota Hilux Invincible double cab - triggs
This vehicle currently has the factory fitted Bridgestone Dueler 689 tyres 255/70/R15 however they are pretty much useless off road and are due for replacement soon anyway.

I want to fit Goodrich TA KO?s tyres 50/50 road/off road, however to do that I would have to fit them on 16inch rims 235/70/R16.

Apart from a possible problem with my insurance company, would they treat this as an unacceptable modification? Would fitting these tyres cause any other problems for the vehicle i.e. handling, speedometer inaccuracy, gearbox stress?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Gary

2005 Toyota Hilux Invincible double cab - Harmattan
Difference in rolling circumference is negligible and so is the effect on speedometer accuracy. Check for yourself at www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

Assuming you stay with 7JJ width and the weight of a wheel and tyre doesn't vary over the standard fit, I can't see much impact on the mechanicals.

Have you checked the handbook for any alternative fittings suggested by Toyota? My old VW Syncro had 15 inch wheels but 16 inches were permitted for certain types of tyre. This would help resolve the insurance question which depends very much on the company and how you put it to them. You may be reducing the footprint of tyre in contact with the road slightly in their view although you can argue the tyre is a more efficient one. Unfortunately, you may be dealing with a call centre in India!
Good luck.
2005 Toyota Hilux Invincible double cab - Dave N
They do a 235/75 15. Or try Cooper tyres. No point in buying new wheels as well.
2005 Toyota Hilux Invincible double cab - triggs
Thanks for the advice guys.

Gary