mondeo v6 - Martin Devon
Quick answer chaps if you would be so kind. what is this worth.

2000 FORD MONDEO 2.5i V6 Ghia
X Auto , X reg. 35000 miles, Low mileage. 5dr Hatch. Met blue, leather interior. Tax May06. MOT Nov06. FSH. Alloys. R/spoiler & side skirts. Cruise control, air con, CL. EM. ESR. EW. H/seats. 6 stack CD. Immob PAS.VGC. £3,900

vbr.........m
mondeo v6 - Blue {P}
With that mileage, assuming the bodywork is in good nick and the interior clean, I would say it's worth about £4K. That's assuming the skirts look smart, I'd be concerned if they aren't nicely fitted Ford OEM parts.

Nice sounding car actually.

Blue
mondeo v6 - Blue {P}
Just look it up on Autotrader and it's a smart enough looking car.

Blue
mondeo v6 - Martin Devon
Forgot to say that it is the older model with the rounded lights.

vbr md.
mondeo v6 - Martin Devon
Apart from making sure that all the bits are working correctly, what are the main points to watch out for with this car.

Thanks in anticipation.

VBR.........MD.
mondeo v6 - Collos25
When 52 Mondeo ghia estate diesels are retailing for only around £5k it looks awfully expensive ,would struggle to make £1500 at the block.A 2.0l petrol estate mintish ghia trim with a sun roof on X at premier brought £875 yesterday.
mondeo v6 - cheddar
When 52 Mondeo ghia estate diesels are retailing for only around
£5k

>>

Not retailing, perhaps auction and then v high miles tatty, dinged etc.

mondeo v6 - Collos25
Retailing ,look on car star web site or sunwin ,£6k absolute max for a low miler.Leeds /Bradford area.
mondeo v6 - Malcolm_L
Very unusual to find a V6 Mondeo with this low mileage, I'd be extremely wary and would like to see previous MOT's etc, to be 110% certain the mileage is genuine.

Good cars, I had a Ghia X manual estate and 30-33mpg is achievable without sacrificing progress, however this is on a run and urban driving will see 25mpg or worse.
Check the aircon, this should have been regassed by now and aircon should be blowing ice-cold.
mondeo v6 - rcspeirs
See this comment in HJ?s car by car breakdown.
?Reports of 2nd gear band breaking up in 4-speed autobox, contaminating the ATF and requiring the box to be rebuilt. These boxes tend to have a life of 60k - 90k.?

I owned a V6 Mondeo auto a few years ago. I loved the engine, but the box in mine broke up at 40000 miles, cost 1800 quid to fix. It lasted less than 10000 miles before the gearbox gave up again, and I got rid of it.

Fuel consumption? I don?t think you?ll see 30mpg with an auto version. Mine consistently returned 20 to 25 mpg. Everything from gentle cross country, heavy city traffic, or 110 with roofrack - the consumption was always in that range.

Lovely car for the money - but I would be ever so wary because of the gearbox weakness.
mondeo v6 - henry k
My 2.0 auto gets about 27 mpg in gentle town driving so I would expect less from V6
Lots of adverse comments on this forum about the Ford gearbox so at least check the fluid /colour

Try it over sleeping policemen re state of suspension bushes.

Check all the electrics including heated seats.
mondeo v6 - Martin Devon
Thanks so far chaps. A mate of mine who deals a little, cars that is, also reckons there may be head gasket and cooling issues with this engine. Any thoughts here?

Very Best regards............MD.
mondeo v6 - bikemade3
Believe there is a issue with water pump impeller vanes being made from plastic, shearing and then associated HG issues as the waterpump is knackered.
Allegedly later pumps have metal vanes.
mondeo v6 - Imagos
As a previous owner of a '98 Mondeo Ghia X all I would say is for nearly £4k i'd want a Ghia X instead of a Ghia.

You'll get cruise, alloys, cd autochanger, trip computer and leather which you wouldn't get in a Ghia.

Fine car this individual one maybe but don't buy yourself short.

IMO it's too much money.

mondeo v6 - Imagos
Reading your spec in first post are you sure it's not a Ghia X?

Most of what you state isn't standard.
mondeo v6 - AlastairW
It IS a Ghia X. Also X reg. Could be confusing...
mondeo v6 - Imagos
i'll get my coat..
mondeo v6 - Martin Devon
Right, OK now help. I have also had other input regarding this engine and in particular the auto box.

My predicament is this. My, sorry, Our Volvo just may be going to fall over soon and if it does i will be expected to produce a vehicle ***NOW** and i don't want to do that as i will get it wrong and end up with something I don't want....Get it so far?

I still hanker after my 2.9 Granada Ghia auto sold five years ago blah blah blah./ Lazy lump, but could turn a heel if required.

I now wish to put in place a vehicle BEFORE said Volvo costs too much or expires. You have probably guessed where i am coming from. Big CC's. Auto. ABS. Air. Traction control. No sunroof preferably. Three to Four Grand to spend AND I don't want rubbish. I know a Mondeo straight four may be the thing, but I don't want a four pot 2 litre auto. Put me straight please or in a straight jacket.

Very Very best regards...........MD.
mondeo v6 - Sprice
Will probably get shot down for this, but from what you require, I'd go for a Nissan QX, like this one for sale on ebay:

snipurl.com/m668
mondeo v6 - Sprice
Sorry, forget my last post, I only just realised its a 2litre, honestly presumed it would be the 3litre!
mondeo v6 - Martin Devon
Thanks Sprice, I had forgotten this car. 3 litre only though. Keep those thoughts coming chaps.

Regards.......MD.
mondeo v6 - cheddar
The Mondeo 2.5 V6 engine is fine, it was v early ones that had the plastic impeller problem IIRC. Chain cam, capable of very high mileages. More refined that a 2.5 Vectra V6 though the Vectra is more gutsy in the mid range.
mondeo v6 - Malcolm_L
Thought about a late model Omega?

Being rear wheel drive it's more of a direct replacement for your Granada and the V6 engines are good units.
MV6 is the one to go for but these are commanding higher prices.

Omega auto's are pretty good as well, very smooth changing units especially with any V6 engine IMHO.
mondeo v6 - Martin Devon
Have certainly thought about an Omega, but is one obtainable? I have perused Autotrader on the net but not much there that I can see.

Now how about this....he says.....just been offered a '96 E320 elegance and would seem to be 4k ish. The ish being up not down. Any thoughts on this car and the probs. Her behind the doors has cringed, but she don't motor. Also I spose that air bag triggers or whatever are now up for replacement etc etc etc.

Ariel square 4 and a chair?

Serious comments on the motor please. We'll go biking at the weekend.

VVBR............MD.
mondeo v6 - Martin Devon
Awwwwwwwh! Come on guys........ANY views??

vbr....m
mondeo v6 - MichaelR
This is an RSAP fitted car, so is worth more than a regular Mondeo - check ST24 residuals for further proof of that.

Price seems... reasonable if not bargain of the century. One thing I'd be wary about though is that autobox, its not the best and gives performance lower than the 2.0 16v manual.

Still looks the part with the bodykit, though.

Can't really compare a top of the range RSAP Mondeo with a scabby ex fleet 1.8 Zetec Mk3, though, in terms of price.
mondeo v6 - Sprice
A Lexus IS300 or GS300?
mondeo v6 - MichaelR
An IS300 for £4k? Oh do come off it.
mondeo v6 - Sprice
Agreed, an IS300 is not within budget, dunno why I said it. Here's a fab GS300 on ebay that is well within budget though, tempted myself!

snipurl.com/m7zw
mondeo v6 - MichaelR
Problem with that is its almost as old as I am :p

The Mondeo is a good 7 years newer..
mondeo v6 - Martin Devon
STOP.....Forget it. Too Much bad press regarding the Auto.

I have bought......and I await criticism, cos I have already had it from all quarters........A 97 'P' Mercedes E320 Auto. I downloaded all of the bumpf from car by car breakdown and I told myself and SWMBO that I would not buy for many reasons, all listed in cxc breakdown.. Only going to see it as my mate had arranged it. Honest to God!

Well.......Got there and I looked and I looked and I struggled to find a fault. 54K. Hardly a mark. Needs tyres soon, but I have never bought a car that didn't. All the toys work although it is only an Elegance. Goes like you know what, (shovel!) and at the money I thought, Boy, (I dream), You are a long time in your box. Took it home provisionally to 'er indoors to expect a fight and she fell.

Well it is quite nice and if................

OK.....Now go for it..Tell me why I have cocked up

VVBR.............MD..............avec Merc'