Yet more Vectra MIL questions - Flat in Fifth
Car 99 Vreg 2.0 DTi

Turn the key and all the lights come on and go off as normal.

Engine starts OK, after 4/5 seconds idling MIL comes on and stays on until you give the throttle a meaty prod after which it stays off.

Other symptoms, engine seems flat, esp at lowish revs, and fuel consumption up.

So far dealer has confirmed there is a fault and has tried tightening up all the turbo hose clips.

Where next?
Air flow sensor?
Any other sensor?
Multiplug or other loom fault?
Re: Yet more Vectra MIL questions - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
I have a similar problem with a customers Astra. It seems to be a problem with the Air mass (flow) meter. I have replaced the one on this car this afternoon and customer is going to report back. Ill post a message when he does.
Re: Yet more Vectra MIL questions - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
Customer has reported back that all is now OK, 150 uneventful miles. Suggest you try the cleaning method first but if this fails the parts is; VAU 093171356 Air flow meter, retails at £126.
Good luck.
Re: Yet more Vectra MIL questions - Richard P
It could quite possibly be the airflow sensor, but before you replace it, get some electronics cleaner that leaves no residue (should state that on the aerosol) and give it a good squirt with that. People I know have tried this with surprising results. Whatever you do, do NOT try and clean it or touch the metal film etc. as the components are very fragile and sensitive. Make sure your air cleaner is ok and sealed to the airbox properly once you sort the problem out.
Re: Yet more Vectra MIL questions - Richard P
Sorry, I did not quite phrase my reply properly. When I said do NOT clean the sensor, I meant cleaning it by touching the metal sensors e.g. a soft brush or rag. The Electronics degreaser/cleaner (use non-residue type only) will not damage the fragile components. Make sure the sensor is fully dry before reinstalling it.
Re: Yet more Vectra MIL questions - Flat in Fifth
Thanks to all,

its a lease car and money spent on DIY repairs is not refunded (not even light bulbs!) and could also lead to complications, so its back to the dealer armed with more info.
Regds.