Ford Focus keys - caesar
I have just bought a used focus and to my horror found out that the second key(non remote)does not open/start the car. (it turns out it is not the correct key and one cant be found)
As I only have one programmed key and need two to make further copies, does anybody know if I have to go to Ford to get another key programmed (they will obviously do this at £110) or can I use an auto locksmith?? (at half the price). On the focus website they say it is a Ford must but the locksmith has said he can do it. Anybody know ?????
Ford Focus keys - Quinny100
Unless the locksmith has the ability to program the PATS system, then it will need to go to the dealer if you only have one working key. The locksmith can cut you a key which will open the car but it won't start it.
Ford Focus keys - Collos25
Your local locksmith if he has the programing equipment and many have can program the key but they must purchase it from Ford and pay for the relevent codes applicable to your vehicle.Just going through the same process myself, it does not work out much cheaper and the agent notified me of three outstanding recalls which they will do at the same time.
Ford Focus keys - caesar
Its going to be easier to go to ford and put up with the price.
Thanks for the reply's chaps.
Ford Focus keys - ablandy
Just had the quote from my honda garage for a new spare key for my 03 accord.

I almost died. £218 !!!! Now i know things are expensive nowadays but £218? For a key? (yes i know it has fancy buttons but for that i would expect it to have an mp3 player built in)

Suddenly i have less of a urge to have a spare key.

However, i did get a price on a complete space saver wheel which was about £80, which i thought was fairly reasonable.

Your focus keys dont seem so expensive now.

Ford Focus keys - L'escargot
A Ford dealer should be able to sort it out for you. I got a spare key cut. I can't remember the price but it was only a few pounds.
--
L\'escargot.
Ford Focus keys - henry k
A Ford dealer should be able to sort it out for you.

IIRC with only one key it is about £150ish in my area hence the original question.
I got a spare key cut. I can't remember the price but it was only a few pounds.

>>
IIRC Ford prices iro £25 or £45 for the remote if you have already got two or more fully working keys. I.E. they start the car rather than just unlock the doors.