American Sat Nav - Tim Allcott
Anyone hired a car in the States with Sat Nav fitted? If so, from which company? I know map usage is a dying art but my map reader doesn't approach it with the proper sense of enthusiasm (incidentally number 2 son approaches it properly!)
Tim{P}
O.K., daft replying to my own message, I know, but Dollar are renting Garmin Street Pilots for $9.95 a day...!
Tim{P}
American Sat Nav - JH
Tim,

Why did "Do you know the way to San Jose?" pop into my head?

Gotta go and play a CD now to get that out.

John
Given where we're headed, shoving flowers in our hair left, right and centre. Just discoverd Budget are renting Mustang Convertibles. Should I?......
Tim{P}
American Sat Nav - No FM2R
>>....renting Mustang Convertibles. Should I?......

In the summer months, assuming you're spending time out of the cities, then absolutely.

However, at this time of the year the weather is often nasty - cold, wet and horrible. Or at least, it always seemed to be when I lived there, I can't believe its changed.

This link will usually tell you...

www.wunderground.com/US/CA/San_Francisco.html
American Sat Nav - Altea Ego
"nasty - cold, wet and horrible"

Jeez yes - I remember a boat trip out to Alcatraz in a SF fog. That has to be the coldest wetest pea souper on the planet...
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
American Sat Nav - No FM2R
I remember a boat trip out to Alcatraz in a SF fog

I lived there for 5 years, still have a house there in fact, and I never have visited Alcatraz.

There are far better ways of spending your time in SF.
American Sat Nav - Altea Ego
"There are far better ways of spending your time in SF."

Tell me you dont frequent the Castro area........
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
American Sat Nav - Cardew
"There are far better ways of spending your time in SF."
Tell me you dont frequent the Castro area........
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >

I would rather have stayed as a guest in Alcatraz than some of the hotels in the Castro area.

Anyway SatNav is not very good at giving directions to Alcatraz.
American Sat Nav - BazzaBear {P}
Just discoverd Budget are renting Mustang Convertibles. Should I?......
Tim{P}

Make sure that you have an agreement beforehand (assuming you care) that the car you will be getting WILL be a Mustang. The small print generally says 'or equivalent', and they appear to believe that a wheezy underpowered Mitsubishi Eclipse is equivalent to a V6 Mustang, as long as they both have cloth-tops.
American Sat Nav - cheddar
Rented a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 last September, it had an excellent built-in Sat Nav, sorry don't know the manufacturer or system.