Ford Mondeo Clutch - biggrin
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how the slave cylinder on a mondeo gets its feed for the fluid? I can only find one pipe and that goes directly from the slave cylinder to the clutch housing so that must be the feed to the clutch. Also there is only one master cylinder so does this feed both the brakes and clutch.
I am currently waiting for the delivery of a workshop manual, but in the meantime would value any help available.
Thanks biggrin
Ford Mondeo Clutch - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
You are getting resevoirs confused with master cylinders. Also a slave cylinder does not feed fluid anywhere, but exerts a force as a result of the hydraulic pressure applied to it via the master cylinder.
A clutch can be mechanically actuated.
Wait until you get the manual.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Ford Mondeo Clutch - biggrin
Thanks for the corrections; Although it definitly is a hydraulicly actuatated clutch, but I will take your advice and wait for the manual.
Ford Mondeo Clutch - bikemade3
Right then, previous posting on this site asked how to adjust the clutch biting point.Anybody know how to do this, mine is high on the pedal,although gear selection and clutch operation is fine, the clutch does not slip.
Ford Mondeo Clutch - Collos25
I am not aware that you can adjust them,if the bite is high it is a sign of wear,some clutch hydraulic systems come with a enclosed unit you fit it and thats it no bleeding etc.
Ford Mondeo Clutch - Collos25
Forgot to mention if you need to replace the clutch it is not an easy job on Mondeos.
Ford Mondeo Clutch - ajsdoc
Interesting about no adjustment. I have a mondeo 1.8lx (I asked the earlier question about adjusting at the clutch pedal). The Haynes manual does give an adjustment (altering a bolt at the pedal) but am interested what this does as I have read that hydraulic systems are self adjusting. I'm not sure I notice much difference from adjusting the clutch pedal stroke distance to that recommended - but it must be adjustable or else why else would this bolt be there?

Simply interested to know whether my half hour taping a tape measure to the pedal then sticking my arse in the air to adjust was of any value!
Ford Mondeo Clutch - Aprilia
Its to set the operating rod end-play. There should be a little bit of free movement at the pedal before the piston starts to move.
Ford Mondeo Clutch - cheddar
Its to set the operating rod end-play. There should be
a little bit of free movement at the pedal before the
piston starts to move.

No pedal/rod adjustment on the MkIII, also the MkIII reservoir supplies clutch and brake m/cyls.