rear subframe mounts - Peugeot 306 - scfc_151
im thinking of changing my rear subframe mounts on a 306 td 1995 i was wondering if there is any special instructions or is it straight forward? is it worth doing any other bushes at the same time? thanks
rear subframe mounts - Peugeot 306 - Insect
LOTS of very useful information at Frenchcarforum.co.uk. I suggest you have a look.
rear subframe mounts - Peugeot 306 - RichardW
www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166...e

Write up I did when I changed the mounts in our ZX last year. It's definitely worth doing, takes about half a day (as long as you get it jacked up right the first time and don't forget to undo half the bolts....!).

--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
rear subframe mounts - Peugeot 306 - hm
Mate,

Nice easy job....may I suggest you also have some exhaust paste handy...the task can be done without removing the rear backbox, but it make life a lot easier if you remove it. Check the condition of the rear shockers whilst you are there,,,,you have to basically remove them anyway....

One more thing..this may sound really sad, but since you are going to have remove the rear carpet etc from the boot you might as well give her a quick hoover/clean (and pick up the coopers that have fallen through). Sad yes.....but it is always something I'm impressed with when viewing a car when looking to buy. I always have great please at dealerships when you the car is mint....but under the boot carpet it really dirty....lol.

Have fun.....mounts are pretty cheap from German and Swedish.
rear subframe mounts - Peugeot 306 - hm
Oh, one more thing.....you will have to remove the rear spare wheel....I'm betting you will find this a nightmare of a job as the thread will be rusty and seized.....whist the spare is out, take an extra 10mins to clean the threads and cooper grease them......imagine trying to get the spare off stuck on the motor way hard shoulder..... ;-)