M.G. ZT-T Warranty - CQ
One of my fleet vehicles has gone into the supplying dealer for a service today.The dealer says that the cooling fan and hose need replacing at a cost of £540.00.The car was registered on 18/02/2005 and so I questioned as to whether it should be covered, by the dealer,under a 12 month warranty.The dealer has stated that they only cover the car for 3 months and subsiquent warranty would have been with M.G Rover.Does this seem correct?
M.G. ZT-T Warranty - ablandy
sounds suspect to me, but check the original paperwork. Your contract was with them and not MG rover. They may well have covered it for 3 months and the rest they claimed from rover (not sure how it works, but we have similar deals with our (non-car) suppliers).
I know some 3 year warranties are 1 year main dealer then 2 year by manufacturer, but that doesnt sound like the case here.

Check the paperwork, unless it specifically states that that rover covered it directly after 3 months then you should go back and talk to the dealer. Bear in mind they are probably trying to protect themselves from loses caused by this sort of work.

M.G. ZT-T Warranty - Happy Blue!
If car was brand new less than one year ago, the supplying dealer is fully responsible, whether Rover are bust or not.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
M.G. ZT-T Warranty - mare
Once you've resolved the warrnaty issue, i'd love to know how a fan and hose can be £540! Taking off VAT, that's £460, so it's either a pig to fit or a fan with gold plated vanes.
M.G. ZT-T Warranty - CQ
Got the invoice today,fan pack discounted to £227.74 and hose £13.82.(not gold plated). Still persuing the warranty issue.
M.G. ZT-T Warranty - Aprilia
If its the fan controller that's gone then take it apart and replace the relay. Get your old one back and keep it as a spare.
M.G. ZT-T Warranty - CQ
Apparently there is a controller that runs the fan at three speeds,we think that the fan has run at maximum for the life of the car,burning out the windings.
M.G. ZT-T Warranty - Collos25
The dealer without doubt but because he cannot claim back of Rover he is making you the scapegoat.Take him to court under the sales of goods act, you cannot lose,he will poppy up before the case gets to court.
M.G. ZT-T Warranty - MoneyMart
The dealer without doubt but because he cannot claim back of
Rover he is making you the scapegoat.Take him to court under
the sales of goods act, you cannot lose,he will poppy up
before the case gets to court.

Definately.

The dealer has a well proven, indisputable obligation under the sales of goods act, and providing it was sold to you brand new, less than 1 year ago, they have to foot the bill.

Speak to the dealer principle and threaten Small claims court.
------------
MoneyMart

Current car: 55-reg Audi A4 2.5 V6TDi Quattro flappy-paddle