Mondeo key fob prob - ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond
Hi.

I have a 1997 facelift Mondeo TD.

Every time I put new batteries in the key fob they die after a day or two.(I put in quality batteries).

Anyone know why this might be?

Thanks.
Mondeo key fob prob - Adam {P}
A button isn't sticking is it? (Try opening the key and making sure)
I'll give it a go Adam but if the button was sticking would the little red light be on all the time?
Silly me - you just told me you had a '97 Mondeo too!

You've got the square two button key haven't you? I'd expect the button would be lit if it was sticking yes.

Sorry!
I'd expect the button would be lit<<

I mean light - not button!
Two buttons on it. One with 2 arrows on it and the other with 1 arrow on it, and of course the led light.

Its not the end of the world if I have to open the door manualy like I do but it would be nice if it didnt drain the batteries so quick and I could use the remote.
Mondeo key fob prob - Waino
I've also got problems with the the remote locking on my '97 Mondeo (2-button key type). I suspected that the key was the root of the problem - but have now been assured that the key is OK. The LED only BRIEFLY flashes (barely visible in strong daylight) when the button is depressed - and apparently this is what's supposed to happen.

We now suspect that my problems lie with the 'receiver' in the car. In the meantime, I'm using the key 'manually' as the central locking still works OK. It's a minor inconvenience, but the car's getting to the stage where it's not worth spending a lot of money on it.

Anyone know how involved/expensive it would be to sort out/replace the receiver?

Waino