MG ZT V8 - Blue {P}
Just noticed that for less than £13K you can get an 04 reg MG ZT with sat nav and on board TV etc.

What sort of value drop are these likely to take in the next 2 - 3 years? It just seems like a LOT of car for the money and I'm wondering what the catch is, apart from possible parts problems of course!

Blue
MG ZT V8 - tanvir
dont worry about engine parts! its not even a Rover engine! its the 4.6L V8 from the mustang.

id say... go for it! unbelievable bargain! plus the 75/zt body is hot
MG ZT V8 - cheddar
I know a guy who had one, had various supension problems though I think it was sorted by the dealer before the MG Rover collapse.
MG ZT V8 - Xileno {P}
I would be a bit concerned about owning one, there must be a lot of parts unique to this model as it was the only RWD car.

The real bargain is the FWD ZT with the 2.5 engine. A great car and can be had for 6K. Loads around so parts should not be a problem.
MG ZT V8 - Adam {P}
Don't do it Blue!
MG ZT V8 - SjB {P}
A gorgeous pearlescent blue ZTT 260 burbles along regularly near where I live. What a lovely piece of kit.

On balance though I'm glad that production commencement was sufficiently delayed that I ran out of time (I had opted out of a company car and needed a replacement), decided not to take up my healthy "MG Rover supplier" discount option, and purchased the V70 that I've now cost effectively tuned to give similar power and - I think, I have well over 400NM - torque. Almost certainly the better bet in the long run (we intend to keep for 5-8 years) even if the V8s assume a cult status in future.
MG ZT V8 - Adam {P}
You're saying that a V8 is delivering just 260 bhp? Isn't that...pitiful?

Audi get 225 bhp with just a 1.8 and a turbo. Ford with a 2.0 and a turbo aren't a million miles away from that either.

Or is it all about the torque?
MG ZT V8 - Xileno {P}
Torque and wonderful burbling noise of a V8.
MG ZT V8 - bell boy
best place for an icon is a museum Blue {P} ,dont even think of going near one.
MG ZT V8 - Adam {P}
Yeah I suppose. It would be nice hearing it everyday.
MG ZT V8 - Adam {P}
Stupid threaded view. That was in reply to X.
MG ZT V8 - mrmender
Stupid threaded view. That was in reply to X.

You have obviously never driven or ownned a V8 engined car nothing quite like it for a feel good factor
As regards the Original thread GO FOR IT
As for someone recomending the 2.5 V6 i found it a bit gutless for a 2.5. The Ford V8 should be very reliable and long lasting Where as the K series V6 a liability
MG ZT V8 - Adam {P}
>>Yeah I suppose. It would be nice hearing it everyday.<<

I haven't driven a V8 no. But I would like to.
MG ZT V8 - mrmender
>>Yeah I suppose. It would be nice hearing it everyday.<<
I haven't driven a V8 no. But I would like to.

If your a good boy i may let you have a go in my range rover baised buggy!
MG ZT V8 - Adam {P}
Oooooh! I'll be good!
MG ZT V8 - AR-CoolC
Be very careful Adam, once youv'e driven a V8 then your granny may end up on Ebay to fund your new car.
MG ZT V8 - Adam {P}
You're probably right AR! When I drove that straight 6 Lexus I was hooked.

Just need to try a V8 now.....*cough* hint hint.
MG ZT V8 - BazzaBear {P}
It's risky Adam. There is no better sounding engine that a good V8. People talk about V12's, but what would you rather your car do? Scream like a 50's housewife who has seen a mouse, or roar like the king of the beasts warning a rival?
Erm... I think I'm starting to sound like Swiss Toni now, but the point is, the roar of an on-song V8 is truly addictive. For that matter, the burble of one at tickover is heavenly.
For all their greatness in their field, I'm not sure that a Range Rover is going to give you the true story though. You should see if you can cadge a go in a TVR or an Aston, that'd truly have you hooked.
MG ZT V8 - Adam {P}
I'll just pop down to my local Aston dealer now BB!

A car is a lot like a beautiful woman...
MG ZT V8 - BazzaBear {P}
I'll just pop down to my local Aston dealer now BB!
A car is a lot like a beautiful woman...

Indeed it is :D
Although, the way I was just talking, I'm surprised NW hasn't been along to tell us it's more like a replacement part of the male anatomy!
I had the pleasure of driving a V8 Aston for a weekend, and the noise was intoxicating (especially when you took a detour in order to go through the tunnel under Manchester Airport in it). I also have a habit (which invokes much eye-rolling in SWMBO) of following TVR's when I see them, with the windows rolled down.
Mind you, the 5-pot in my Coupe is a very nice sounding engine in it's own right, and quite reminiscent of a V8 if you kind of do the aural equivalent of a squint.
Oh, and if you thought the straight six in your Lexus was nice, you really need to hear the V6 in an Alfa.
MG ZT V8 - Adam {P}
Stop it! STOP IT!!!

I won't be able to listen to my four pot with anything other than digust if you carry on!!
MG ZT V8 - Group B
Mind you, the 5-pot in my Coupe is a very nice
sounding engine in it's own right, and quite reminiscent of a
V8 if you kind of do the aural equivalent of a
squint.

Know what you mean BazzaBear. I used to have an '84 Audi 80 quattro with the 2.2 5-cyl engine. The standard exhaust was a big twin tailpipe thing and obviously no cat. Sounded fantastic, I used to think I was Hannu Mikkola!
MG ZT V8 - Group B
IMO the best sounds known to man
are produced by an old school V8; none of that Ferrari flat-plane crank rubbish.

This is probably a bit sad! Just done a Google search for "V8 car sounds" and found this:
www.musclecarcalendar.com/thunder_alley.htm
Proably need a subwoofer on your PC to do them justice.

Right I'll get my coat!
MG ZT V8 - BazzaBear {P}
This is probably a bit sad! Just done a Google
search for "V8 car sounds" and found this:

I have a 5 second clip of myself pulling away from church in the Aston. Clearly, had I stalled doing it, I would have had to emigrate from embarrassment, so I gave it a decent amount of revs, and it sounds incredible, even recording on a digital camera as it was.
I listen to that on a reasonably regular basis, so I don't think what you describe is sad at all. :D
You're right though, you need the sub to do it justice.
MG ZT V8 - Lud
IMO the best sounds known to man
are produced by an old school V8; none of that Ferrari
flat-plane crank rubbish.
This is probably a bit sad! Just done a Google
search for "V8 car sounds" and found this:
Right I'll get my coat!

The strangely lopsided beat of an American V8 isn't everyone's cup of tea. Personally I can take it or leave it. Of course all other things being equal the more cylinders the better. I saw one day an immaculate customised 1932 Ford roadster, cycle front wings, bare tuned flathead engine with finned heads, stubby exhaust system, big rear tyres, the lot, cautiously rounding the Lord's roundabout in St John's Wood, going south from Swiss Cottage towards Baker St. The driver looked nervous, not without reason. Suddenly the car went BLATBLATBLAT!, shot forward like a jackrabbit and understeered straight on for about ten feet, looking as if it would hit the wall of the American Ambassador's garden before recovering untidily and tiptoeing away into the traffic.

Dramatic, but probably not worth the money in a metropolitan setting.
MG ZT V8 - mrmender
You're probably right AR! When I drove that straight 6 Lexus
I was hooked.
Just need to try a V8 now.....*cough* hint hint.

email me 2nd week in Feb if you are realy interested. The buggy currently in hibernation but will be back on the road by then.
Has minimal exhaust system but is suposedly legal!

PS I'm in North Wales (Well woking in Sudan at the moment, until the 1st of Feb)
MG ZT V8 - Adam {P}
I'll drive to Sudan if you want? ;-)

And yes - I am interested :-)
MG ZT V8 - mrmender
I'll drive to Sudan if you want? ;-)
And yes - I am interested :-)

Yeah Yeah! Buggy in N Wales
Don't think of comming here unless you have a Toyota. The shock to the locals when they suddenly realise, that there are cars other than Toyota's could be dangerous!
MG ZT V8 - Adam {P}
It's alright - I can borrow a tatty old HiLux in the traditional red with trusty German Shepherd in the passenger seat for the day!
MG ZT V8 - Screwloose
Blue

One of my customers has got one; drives it far and hard - and, so far, nothing but a failed battery. [The Christmas day job!]

£13,000 is flying a kite on it. There's no "book" on orphan cars. Go in with your boots on; slap £7 grand down - then sit down and wait....

I you're really rich, the very last one built [black; I think] is being desperately hawked about by a SE-based ex-dealer.

There was talk of a 390 bhp one; did they ever get around to building any?
MG ZT V8 - mss1tw
I you're really rich, the very last one built [black; I
think] is being desperately hawked about by a SE-based ex-dealer.

Not Trident in Ottershaw? They're still advertising 'new' MG's! Hmmm where do I sign...
MG ZT V8 - richy
IIRC only about 50-60 or so were built in the end, and only a handfull of 75's with the same engine (and legendery 'Rover V8' badge). Very few parts would be car specific, obviously engine and drivetrain are mustang bits, very understressed and should give years of reliable service and getting service and tuning parts very cheap and easy available. I've heard of gains up to 50bhp with just an exhaust, air filter and remap, with much better spread of of power and torque. Hot cams would be easily available mail order too.

Cars like this (Thema 8.32, Passat W8...) are'nt everyone's cup of tea, hence they sold in such small numbers. But you can bet your arse that in a few years they will be appearing in classic car magazines. Values have already taken the biggest hit they ever will. Although most are around 1-2 years old they are already being priced as classics, with the bottom line being what people are willing to pay.

If you settled for a V6 you would always be wondering what if. There are probably more V6's in my town alone than there are V8'S in the whole country.

You're only on this planet once. Do it.
MG ZT V8 - daveyjp
And once you add a supercharger to the V8 experience aka Jaguar and MB you can pretend you are in a Spitfire! The best bit of the XKR cabrio experience was the sound when I floored it going up a motorway sliproad (everything else about the drive was instantly forgettable).
MG ZT V8 - Blue {P}
Wow, that generated a bit of response!

Sorry if my post was mis-leading, I'm not actually intending buying one, yet...

I was juyst doing my usual pottering around the Auto Trader site when I came across them and they caught my eye, was curious as to what other people think.

If I had the mone NOW then I think I would be tempted with a beast such as this, but seeing as it'll be next year at least before I'm looking to burn that much money on something with four wheels I think the market will have changed by then.

Here's hoping they give them away for £5K in a year. :-)

Blue
MG ZT V8 - Sprice
Yeah yeah, the V8 makes a nice noise yada yada yada. The fact is buying and running one of these is financial suicide. The depreciation, petrol costs, warranty issues (its an MG so it will go wrong), whats there to think about?
MG ZT V8 - midlifecrisis
Utter rubbish. I has a V6 ZT for two years and it didn't have a single squeak or rattle. It was a damn sight better built than many cars I've driven.
MG ZT V8 - BazzaBear {P}
The point is that it's already depreciated to such a level that it CAN'T depreciate as much as the competitors you might consider.
The problem is that you've allowed yourself to believe everything the media tells you. I'm sure you'll go on to tell us that Alfa's are terrible and BMW's never break down.
MG ZT V8 - bell boy
and also that lada"s are now a collectable car (yes i know they were:)ie the exhaust the rear trim etc etc)
MG ZT V8 - barchettaman
BazzaBear, at some point in the not too distant you´ll have to tell me about your Coupé because (as mentioned in another thread) the Barchie has one seat too few, with the arrival of BabyBarchettta last month... we´re thinking of alternatives.
MG ZT V8 - BazzaBear {P}
Fair enough, fire away with questions whenever you're ready.
MG ZT V8 - barchettaman
I´ll put it on a new thread when we´re nearer to deciding on a replacement. Cheers in the meantime!
MG ZT V8 - blue_haddock
Just don't do it Blue - like i said the other night i have to drive these things at work and the V6 Auto 75 that i've got is like a barge. I don't fancy the idea of whacking a V8 in the front combined with RWD.

In the not too distant future there will be approx 50 one year old 75's and MG ZT's going through BCA and they won't be going for much.
MG ZT V8 - Kevin
>Yeah yeah, the V8 makes a nice noise yada yada yada.

Wrong!

An American V8 makes a noise that reverberates through your body. If you've never felt it you wouldn't understand. They have low-down torque that just keeps coming. If you've never felt it you wouldn't understand. You turn the key and a smile lights up your face. If you've never felt it you wouldn't understand.

>The fact is buying and running one of these is financial suicide.
>The depreciation, petrol costs, warranty issues (its an MG so it will go wrong)

Fact? A well equipped 2yo V8 saloon for £low-teens is financial suicide?

The engine and transmission are well proven and virtually unburstable. Spares and upgrades are a US phonecall away. It will depreciate, but I'll bet you that in 5 years time it will still be worth more than any new car you can buy for £13K. I'll also bet that you won't want to sell it. Petrol consumption will be around 24mpg and MG build quality was pretty damn good.

Kevin...
MG ZT V8 - Garethj
>>The engine and transmission are well proven and virtually unburstable. Spares and upgrades are a US phonecall away.

We're not in the 1960s now, cars don't break down because they need new big end bearings or a water pump. More likely to go wrong is the air conditioning control unit, electric windows or a broken bumper. Where do they come from?

I've run a couple of low-volume cars (lovely V8s too) and there's always the problem of sourcing parts - either finding where else the part was used or trying to source it from some contacts you have to build up. Luckily I knew a development engineer who could tell me the throttle potentiometer and lambda sensors were from a Range Rover etc...

If you need the car tomorrow, you'd better have put it in for a service a month ago!
MG ZT V8 - Sofa Spud
If these cars are so cheap it's almost worth renting a self-storage unit and stocking up with cheap spares!

Cheers, SS
MG ZT V8 - P 2501
If the boys at Xparts are to be believed then there are plenty of spares available for these cars.

But then they would say that wouldn't they.
MG ZT V8 - nick
Rimmer Bros at Lincoln are dealing in spares for MG Rover now. www.rimmerbros.co.uk
I doubt spares will be a problem, most parts are generic, maybe a few trim bits may be a problem.
MG ZT V8 - MoneyMart
>Yeah yeah, the V8 makes a nice noise yada yada yada.
Wrong!
An American V8 makes a noise that reverberates through your body.
If you've never felt it you wouldn't understand. They have low-down
torque that just keeps coming. If you've never felt it you
wouldn't understand. You turn the key and a smile lights up
your face. If you've never felt it you wouldn't understand.
>The fact is buying and running one of these is financial
suicide.
>The depreciation, petrol costs, warranty issues (its an MG so it
will go wrong)
Fact? A well equipped 2yo V8 saloon for £low-teens is financial
suicide?
The engine and transmission are well proven and virtually unburstable. Spares
and upgrades are a US phonecall away. It will depreciate, but
I'll bet you that in 5 years time it will still
be worth more than any new car you can buy for
£13K. I'll also bet that you won't want to sell it.
Petrol consumption will be around 24mpg and MG build quality was
pretty damn good.
Kevin...

Kevin,

You were making quite a credible and convincing argument until you blew it with your last sentence... "MG build quality was pretty damn good." !!!

------------
MoneyMart

Current car: 55-reg Audi A4 2.5 V6TDi Quattro flappy-paddle
MG ZT V8 - Xileno {P}
Kevin is right, build quality on the MG ZT was extremely good.
MG ZT V8 - mrmender
Kevin is right, build quality on the MG ZT was extremely
good.

Agree 100% i have a Rover 75 diesel tourer, i was very weary buying it but it's been faultless over the past 12 months very well screwed together
MG ZT V8 - Thommo
Hmm... this has the potential to descend in to a 'you destroyed Rover with your negative comments the cars were great' thread.

I have seen 6 MG ZT's, build quality was poor on all of them. Just my experience maybe they were the only 6 poor ones in the country but I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole.

Also on the X part issue. They hold the stocks they hold the rights to re-manufacture. When your part runs out X part will decide if it wishes to re-manufacture and if so what it will cost you. Do you want this?
MG ZT V8 - AR-CoolC
Youv'e got to remember that the 75/ZT is essencially a BMW, as they were designed and developed during their ownership. I worked on a large fleet (100 or so) 75's getting them ready for their launch in 99. The build quality of them was as good as anyone elses, but cetainly not poor.
MG ZT V8 - NowWheels
Also on the X part issue. They hold the stocks
they hold the rights to re-manufacture. When your part runs
out X part will decide if it wishes to re-manufacture and
if so what it will cost you. Do you want this?

How is this different to other marques where the model concerned has gone out of production? In each case, presumably there is a stock of spares, and someone owns the rights to make more and charge what they like for them. The only difference I can see in this case is that the "someone" is not the car maker.
MG ZT V8 - Thommo
NW,

1. An ongoing manufacturer has a reputation to uphold, immediately cutting off parts availability does that no good.

2. An ongoing manufacture will evolve a model rather than replace it with a new one plus use common parts in several models, plus sell licences for some parts to other manufacturers. Thus lots of cars on the road with the same parts means they will be manufactured for a long time and third party parts made under licence or otherwise may be available.

The crunch with Rover parts will likely come not with expensive items but cheaper ones such as trims and fittings. X part may just decide that given the user base and the cost to produce such an item the consumer would rather leave it broken than pay a high price, thus the car deteriorates quickly.

Not a scenario I would step in to unless the car is priced such that it can be thrown away in say 3 years time. Mind you prices do seem to be going that way. The mass auction of the ZT's mentioned will be interesting.

MG ZT V8 - NowWheels
Thanks for the explanation, Thommo -- that makes sense!
MG ZT V8 - madf
I suspect the crunch with Rover parts will not be trim or cheap parts but parts which fail infrequently so demand is low. No commercial sense in making those and holding in stock. So I suggest windsreen wiper mechanisms or more likely other unique parts like rubber moulded engine or gearbox mountings. If those fail.. and they eventually do, car is undriveable without a replacement.

Of course if you are willing to spend £150 on a £25 part no doubt one can be sourced. For daily use that is impractical. Were they that good a car for that hassle?

Anwers on a postcard to: The Rover Millionaires Club aka the Phoenix Four.

madf
MG ZT V8 - Blue {P}
So when prices have dropped a bit further they may be worth it as a classic purchase then.

I'd still have one, the worst possible situation is that after 3 years it's worth peanuts and has to be scrapped.

Again, should add that I'm not thinking of buying one yet, I'll take another look at the market when I'm ready to buy a second car, I just thought it would be interesting to hear other people's views on this fine looking car.

Blue
MG ZT V8 - tr7v8
If you scrap it the kit car/transplaters would clamour for the engine & box!
MG ZT V8 - Lud
I suspect the crunch with Rover parts will not be trim
or cheap parts but parts which fail infrequently so demand is
low. No commercial sense in making those and holding in stock.
So I suggest windsreen wiper mechanisms or more likely other
unique parts like rubber moulded engine or gearbox mountings. If those
fail.. and they eventually do, car is undriveable without a replacement.
Of course if you are willing to spend £150 on a
£25 part no doubt one can be sourced. For daily use
that is impractical. Were they that good a car for that
hassle?
Anwers on a postcard to: The Rover Millionaires Club aka the
Phoenix Four.
madf

Yeah but, corporate villainy/idiocy aside, where are the motor engineers these days? Why do we clamour like this for the exact part out of stock? Even something like a bonded rubber engine mounting can be adapted or constructed, and I wd have thought wipers would be a doddle to an ingenious cobbler. What a nation of spoilt babies we have become.
MG ZT V8 - SjB {P}
Funnily enough, I have thought "Old Yank Tanks" and "Cuba" several times throughout this thread!
MG ZT V8 - barchettaman
What about that nutty coupe thing based on the Qvale Mangusta? Did any of those get made in the end? It looked great, if about 30k too expensive at 75k. Think it had the Mustang engine too, albeit in a higher level of tune.
MG ZT V8 - barchettaman
MG XPower SV, according to Google, was its name....Any sold?
MG ZT V8 - madf
"Yeah but, corporate villainy/idiocy aside, where are the motor engineers these days? Why do we clamour like this for the exact part out of stock? Even something like a bonded rubber engine mounting can be adapted or constructed, and I wd have thought wipers would be a doddle to an ingenious cobbler. What a nation of spoilt babies we have become. "

With modern tuned engine mounts, I would imagine cobbling a replacement would possibly lead to all sorts of NVH.

And I assume there will lots of key plastic bits which could be unobtainable: or need remanufacture:

Of course anything is possible.. given time money and resources.

As for a classic? Joke.

A classic failure like the Edsel on a smaller scale perhaps.
Like Rover 800s they will be unwanted and unloved..
madf
MG ZT V8 - Tornadorot
MG XPower SV, according to Google, was its name....Any sold?

According to sales figures on the excellent www.austin-rover.co.uk website, they sold a grand total of 26 SVs in 2004 and 10 in 2005. Don't know how many of those went to private buyers...
MG ZT V8 - MoneyMart
So when prices have dropped a bit further they may be
worth it as a classic purchase then.
I'd still have one, the worst possible situation is that after
3 years it's worth peanuts and has to be scrapped.
Again, should add that I'm not thinking of buying one yet,
I'll take another look at the market when I'm ready to
buy a second car, I just thought it would be interesting
to hear other people's views on this fine looking car.
Blue

Classic? No, not a chance. Is an Austin Maxi worth anything today? Not really, no. OK, so a mint example might be worth a few hundred quid as a quirky nostalgic car, but not in the same league as iconic cars like the Capri, Escort Mk I & II, Opel Manta, etc.

That said, it will last more than 3 years, and will be worth much much more than scrap value when sold in 3 years time.
------------
MoneyMart

Current car: 55-reg Audi A4 2.5 V6TDi Quattro flappy-paddle
MG ZT V8 - Lud
OK, so a mint example might be
worth a few hundred quid as a quirky nostalgic car, but
not in the same league as iconic cars like the Capri,
Escort Mk I & II, Opel Manta, etc.

These are classics? Do me a favour.
MG ZT V8 - blue_haddock
Escort Mk1 and 2 are definately classics.
MG ZT V8 - Adam {P}
As is the Capri.

Keep the Opel Manta though.
MG ZT V8 - mrmender
Oh Dear! here we go i think someone beter start a thread on what consitiutes a classic car!
Some escorts and some capris maybe would not call a 1100 popular a classic
MG ZT V8 - nick
A classic, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Even the Allegro and Marina have owners' clubs.
MG ZT V8 - Altea Ego
I am sure broadmoor has a club and renunion as well but it dont make them sane.

ADAM you foolish young man. Do your homework, check out Opel Manta's and then come back and tell me they are not classics.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
MG ZT V8 - Adam {P}
Mu uncle had one.

The only thing I liked about it was the Alternator gauge and all that stuff. Wasn't a fan to be honest. Capri would win every time.
MG ZT V8 - tr7v8
Capri wouldn't win every time, Mmy manta GTE 1985 used to leave Capris for dead on the corners, especially fast sweeping ones. Got overtaken one night coming back from Stock car racing in Aldershot by a 2.8i, coming into Basingstoke by the VW dealers at the back of Old Basing, he slowed I overtook him & he bottled it! Yet the Manta felt dead stable @ 100ish. Damn quick car used to cruise at around the 125 mark which was flat out. Did 42,000 miles in the year my company owned it. & like all Vauxhalls it was dead reliable until the dealers started tinkering when it all went pete tong.

Jim
MG ZT V8 - Adam {P}
The Capri wouuld win every time looks-wise. In my opinion of course. I'm sure the Manta was a very capable car. Sadly, it looks like a horrible combination between an old Cavalier, Senator and some other things.

Glad you liked yours though!
MG ZT V8 - nick
I am sure broadmoor has a club and renunion as well
but it dont make them sane.

They might be sane and us all mad.
MG ZT V8 - Lud
I have to agree with TVM, Manta is the nearest thing to a classic on the list. Escort Mk I Mexico or RS1800, just about OK I suppose if that is what was meant. Mk II was an ugly piece of kit at best of times, although it too had a couple of rapid variants. Could never stand the Capri myself although of course the V6 ones were said to be good fun in a crude sort of way. Indeed that's all that can be said for any of these wagons. Classic ought to mean something a bit better than a tweaked Eurobox or hairdresser machine.
MG ZT V8 - mrmender
Right that does it i'm starting a new thread!
MG ZT V8 - Lud
>> I am sure broadmoor has a club and renunion as
well
>> but it dont make them sane.
>>
>>
They might be sane and us all mad.

This is undoubtedly the case in a real if rather narrow sense.
MG ZT V8 - bbroomlea{P}
Nice SV on ebay

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4604...1
MG ZT V8 - Bagpuss
Please tell me the headlights on the SV are not from the old model Fiat Punto.
MG ZT V8 - SjB {P}
Please tell me the headlights on the SV are not from
the old model Fiat Punto.

No, I can't, because they are.
MG ZT V8 - Lud
Nice SV on ebay
cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4604...1

Current bid £36,200 and to me worth every penny (if one had the bread of course).
MG ZT V8 - barchettaman
I´d seen that - it´ll be a brave man who bids.
Not only are the front headlights from a Punto, it looks like the back end is from a Fiat Coupé - Bazzabear, take note!
MG ZT V8 - BazzaBear {P}
They've stolen my rear end to make an SV? No wonder the bodyshop are keeping it longer than I expected!
MG ZT V8 - richy
£40000 depriciation in 2 years, that's the same as my first house cost me!
MG ZT V8 - Micky
The supercharged conversion could be a real gentleman's conveyance:

mg-zt260.seanhylandmotorsport.com/

Cloth cap and sports jacket essential of course ;-)