1998 Fiat Punto & Power steering - loopyjen
I'm looking at getting an older model Fiat Punto but can't understand the difference between all the model numbers. I'm looking in particular at the "60" and "75" as from what I have figured they are the one's which have a 1.2 engine. I am also looking at the SX where possible as it has electric windows and central locking but I can't figure out which has or whether either of them have power steering. Does any one know which models have it etc? I know for a fact the "85" does but I'm at a loss as to what the lower model numbers have.

Thanks for all your help
1998 Fiat Punto & Power steering - Adam {P}
My mate has an N reg 55 SX and it has power steering.

Hope that's of some use.
1998 Fiat Punto & Power steering - carl_a
www.parkers.co.uk will have car specifications on their web site.
1998 Fiat Punto & Power steering - loopyjen
I've had a look on Parkers already and even after studying the specifications of all the cars it still isnt clear at all. From what Parkers says its only the "85" which has PAS as standard but then like Adam said I've heard of the lower spec models which have PAS but not all of them seem to. Thats why I was kinda hoping someone who knows anything about them might be able to shed more light on it for me.
1998 Fiat Punto & Power steering - Chris M
My wife has a 98R 75SX without power steering and to be honest, unless you have some medical condition or are very petite, it really doesn't need it.
The 55, 75 & 85 are all 1.2, but the 85 has 16 valves.

Chris M
1998 Fiat Punto & Power steering - Chris M
Sorry, should have said 60, 75 & 85.

55 was 1108cc, the 1.2's were 1242cc.

Chris M