Laguna Coil (again!!!) - R75
I am pretty sure the coil I fitted to the Laguna has gone again this morning - swmbo started the car, went to turn it around, got halfway across the road and it stopped and would not restart. I popped the bonnet and when she was turning it over ther were visable sparks and clicking coming from the coil pack - hence why I am sure this is the problem. I am currently in a BIG discussion with the dealer who supplied the part and Reanult UK as they want the whole car recovered to them to change the part, I am only willing to take the coil to them (that is what I purchased after all) Just checking that my diagnosis is correct before I make a complete idiot of myself. ;o)
Laguna Coil (again!!!) - Aprilia
One these coil pack (not just the Renault ones) the insulation can break down and you see sparks etc. Usually the pack has visible damage where the arcing (and heat generation) takes place.
There are tracklines in the opaque resin, which is also where I can see the arcing, so that would kind of prove my idea correct then. ;o)
Update - After the whole day yesterday spent "discussing" Renaults returns policy with them I finally got them to supply my with a replacement coil today - fitted it and car fired first time. Renault have a policy where if you buy a part from them and it fails you have to take the whole car - not just the failed part - to them to be "Verified". See discussion thread for more on this!!!!