51 plate fiesta no heater - steveo3002
my girlfreind has a new to us 51 plate fiesta, with the old style pushrod engine, the heater made a slight hint of warmth at first, so i suspected the stat was stuck open

weve had a new stat fitted and now there no heat at all! even after a long run, the garage suggests its the matrix , would i wrong in thinking a 2001 car with service history shouldnt need a new matrix?? it would need to be totaly blocked with sludge to cause no heat wouldnt it??

is there any thing else to affect the heater output? fan works fine
51 plate fiesta no heater - andrew b
it sounds like the heater valve is faulty it is an electronic valve located on the bulk head at the back of the engine behind the fire wall it is quite easy to replace (good luck)
51 plate fiesta no heater - P 2501
Airlock? was the system bled correctly when the stat was replaced?
51 plate fiesta no heater - piston power
tou can try back flushing the heater matrix just take the two pipes off and put a hose pipe through it if theres any sludge you will see it. then bleed the system, give it a go?
51 plate fiesta no heater - John S
steve3002

I have never had the slightest problem bleding these cooling systems on the earlier Fiestas, so I think air locks are unlikely. Why did you change the 'stat? Was the temperature gauge not indicating in the middle of the normal zone? If it was, and is, then it wasn't a thermostat problem

Have you checked the heater hose temperatures on supply and return to the heater?

If these are not showing flow, then it's probably some other form of blockage - other than matrix, could be a hose which has failed internally.

JS

51 plate fiesta no heater - bell boy
andrew b has the answer its an half hour fit, only a pair of mole grips required and £50 from your wallet.
51 plate fiesta no heater - jc
If the valve has failed(which is likely)you won't be able to backflush and the hoses won't get hot as there will be no flow.The Fiesta system does not normally need bleeding.Just fill it up after you change the valve,run it with heater set to hot but fan off till the t/stat opens(rad hoses get hot),then let it stand for a while and top-up header tank if necessary.
51 plate fiesta no heater - Steveo4869
It will be the heater valve as previous said. I had exactly the same problem on the same car. But don't spend £50 as oldman said go on ebay they have them on there (original ford part) for about £20.