Warrenty Direct for BMW's - rocky

My BMW's three year manufacturer's warrenty runs out in the next couple of months. I suspect that BMW's charge for a further 12 months warrenty will be expensive so I have been considering using Warrenty Direct(WD). Has anyone any experience of WD good or bad? Thanks, Rocky
Warrenty Direct for BMW's - Pugugly {P}
Trust me renewal will be horrendously expensive from BMW.
Warrenty Direct for BMW's - Dynamic Dave
Rocky, a forum search (it's over there on the right, just under where you log in/out) should give you some previous examples.

Put "Warranty Direct" (include the quotes) into the subject header. Note the correct spelling of warranty, otherwise you might not find anything.
Warrenty Direct for BMW's - Dude - {P}

>>>>Trust me renewal will be horrendously expensive from BMW.>>>>

Like most things in life you get what you pay for and there is no short cut.

My son`s E39 530i Sport`s warranty renewal occurred recently and the cost of the BMW warranty is £970. When he enquired via Warranty Direct their initial quote was for £420, but when he started delving into the policy, major components like aircon, catalyst, no breakdown recovery and also no wear & tear cover until after 90 days, (so effectively only 9 months cover). When these items were included, the quote rose to £760 and still no wear and tear cover for the first 3 months or breakdown cover. He has renewed with BMW for peace of mind motoring, as their policy is superb.

I would suggest if you are seeking a quote from warranty Direct, you fully ensure what is and more importantly what
is NOT being covered.!!!!
Warrenty Direct for BMW's - nutty_nissan
Go with the BMW warranty. Avoid non-manufacturer warranties.

If maintainance bills worry you so much, get a Jap car, or perhaps a new BMW?
Warrenty Direct for BMW's - Dunc
Unlike other Warranties - Warranty Direct does not have a Wear and Tear exclusion other than for the first 90 days - if you looked at your BMW policy you will find it does have one, it will also have a consequential loss exclusion - Which means that you have paid £970 for 0 months cover!!! (Using your claim of only 9 months cover).

Parts that fail are covered during the 90 days so long as the failure is not caused by wear most are not caused by wear - Wear related failures reported during the first 90 days are usually pre existing faults that the owner is aware of.

Cars under 70,000 miles and 7 years are eligible for WD Gold cover and therefore do provide cover for Air con but not the catalyst - bear in mind that a lot of Catalyst failures are caused by impact damage that would not be covered on any warranty !!

It is worthwhile in doing your research before you waste £970 on 0 months cover !!.
Warrenty Direct for BMW's - Aprilia
I am open to correction on this, but I don't think the BMW warranty is a 'manufacturer' warranty, I think its a 'mechanical breakdown insurance' type policy branded by BMW UK. Are you sure it covers wear and tear? I would double and treble check that!
Warrenty Direct for BMW's - nortones2
I'm still waiting to hear from local Honda dealers about their Hondacare scheme: £376 for 12 months including AA, and the apparently similar scheme from Hondacare central, at £423 pa. Neither know what the difference is! I might save the money and just buy breakdown insurance! Trying to find out since 21 December, with the usual nonsense of unfulfilled promises (face to face at dealer), unreturned calls, and "the computers down" excuse. Where do they get their staff - or is it that they don't give any training?
Warrenty Direct for BMW's - nortones2
BTW, bith schemes are administered by a washing machine insurer, not Honda. Hmm, i think I've just decided to save £376!
Warrenty Direct for BMW's - Aprilia
Yes, I'm pretty sure only new cars come with true 'bumper to bumper' manufacturers warranties. Once that's expired then anything else is going to be some kind of 'rebranded' insurance scheme with exclusions.
Warrenty Direct for BMW's - nutty_nissan
Lexus used to do a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty on used cars bought through them (was top used car deal for a while).

I think it was backed by "AON" or some company of that name. I think Lexus then reduced the warranties on used cars to 12 months as standard as they were losing a lot of money on warranty claims.

Ah, mechanical breakdown insurance. Well, if that's what the BMW warranty is for a used car, it's not the same as manufacturer warranty.