Focus Boot release problem - domknill
The electric boot release on my Focus is releasing the boot catch whilst driving (without the dash button or keyfob being pressed). When I stop to close the boot and switch on the ignition, the catch releases again.

I know it isn't a mechanical problem as the latch doesn't release when the car is parked and the keys are not in the ignition. Any ideas or has anyone else come across this fault before.

Focus Boot release problem - murphy
daughter has the opposite problem on her new Focus Estate. It doesn't want to open at times using the fob or the manual release - unless you push the boot in hard then operate the fob. Been back to dealer who says not an adjustment problem - more likely an electrical problem. Presently monitoring the situation. Sounds like yours is also an electrical problem.
Focus Boot release problem - Adam {P}
I'm afraid I can't help with murphy's problem. I can't really help with domknill's either other than to say it's very strange given that the boot release is live all the time so quite why it's doing it when you turn the ignition on is a mystery.

Sorry I can't help.