Can this compete with a Maybach? - nutty_nissan
Some of you may come out with the attitude of "oh, but it's just a dressed up Toyota", but look at what Lexus is bringing out later this year. I'd buy it if I had the cash ;-)

Rear seat relaxtion system even has a button marked Shiatsu!!!
8 speed auto transmission. 0-60 in 5.5 secs.

www.familycar.com/RoadTests/LexusLS460/Photos.htm
Can this compete with a Maybach? - JH
Hi Nutty,
did you notice the underbonnet photo? It doesn't appear to have an engine, just a plastic moulding. It's no good waiting for the Haynes manual then!
John
Can this compete with a Maybach? - Chad.R
Did anyone else notice the 2 small switches ("up" and "down"?) on the side of the driver's seat backrest - for the headrest or lumbar adjustment perhaps? If they are, I think that's a poor design feature - IMO all the seat adjustment controls should have been grouped together.
Can this compete with a Maybach? - henry k
I would imagine it is much better value.
I note the uncluttered engine bay. A real invitation to keep your greasy mits out of here.
They seem to have avoided an I drive.
Can this compete with a Maybach? - NowWheels
The rear end seems to have been Bangled: www.familycar.com/RoadTests/LexusLS460/Images/Left...g
Can this compete with a Maybach? - Lud
The rear end seems to have been Bangled: www.familycar.com/RoadTests/LexusLS460/Images/Left...g

'Bangled'? Made to look a bit like a BMW you mean? No doubt a lot of the bells and whistles work well and improve the driving experience in various ways. Despite the BMW rear end it isn't bad looking, but the interior decor is just a bit on the garish side. Personally I dislike those multi-coloured steering wheels (new Bentleys have them too). They look like toothbrushes or training shoes (I am indebted to James May for this perception).
Can this compete with a Maybach? - NowWheels
>> The rear end seems to have been Bangled: www.familycar.com/RoadTests/LexusLS460/Images/Left...g
'Bangled'? Made to look a bit like a BMW you mean?

Yes, the rear quarter treatment is like a BMW 7-series, with several different planes jostling for attention to try to break up the visual bulk. Personally, I think it's an ugly rear end to an otherwise reasonably coherent design, but it's interesting to see Bangle's influence.
Can this compete with a Maybach? - Adam {P}
I personally think it looks very nice.
Can this compete with a Maybach? - Tomo
Well, it does look like a nowadays Toyota, that is, boring (and that is sad to write for a long time Toyota fan).

And what on earth is an 8 speed automatic box in aid of? What is the torque convertor for?

I'll say nothing about that button, I'd just get into trouble!

Still, it all means Toad the Supra is not yet outdated.