What is a Golf Ryder? - David W
Going to look at a Golf "Ryder" tomorrow. Wonder what the spec is?

I know it is a 1.6 5dr with sunroof and c/locking. Is it like the "Driver" with the GTi wheels and wheel arch trims etc?

Thanks,

David
Re: What is a Golf Ryder? - David W
PS. 1991 J-reg

David
Re: What is a Golf Ryder? - Jonathan
David

I think it could be either a 1.6 or a 1.3

Feb 1991 1.3 Ryder 3­ and 5­door Hatchbacks launched with twin headlamps, sunroof and velour trim. Revisions: 1.6 GTD and 1.6 Driver have uprated spec including rev counter, GTi­style wheels and new upholstery.

Aug 1991 Ryder models now have 1.6 engine, Driver models now have 1.8 engine. Ryder, Driver and GTD now have adjustable front head restraints and load compartment light. 1.8 GTi has uprated equipment including BBS alloy wheels, electric front windows and upholster

Aug 1991 1.6 Ryder models launched, replacing previous 1.3 Ryder. 1.8 Driver models launched, replacing previous 1.6 Driver. Revisions: Ryder, Driver and GTD have adjustable front head restraints and load compartment light; 1.8 GTi has uprated equip­ ment including BBS alloy wheels, electric front windows, dark glass rear light units and trim similar to GTi­16v. 1.8 GTi­16v has uprated stereo RDS radio/cassette player.

Regards

Jonathan
Re: What is a Golf Ryder? - Golf Fanatic
If you do a search you will see it is a cup competed for by USA and European Golfers. To be held at the Belfry this year.
It's really funny you should say that because I found if you did a search it was a cup competed for by USA and European Golfers. To be held at the Belfry this year.

Hence the question.

David
Re: What is a Golf Ryder? - Ronnie Courtney
David

If you get the Ryder, let's hope that it won't take an extra year to get started.

Ronnie

PS Liked "The sensible answer" ....
Re: What is a Golf Ryder? - colin
Strange! My recollection doesn't line up at all. When I was redunded in 1992 I was horrified to have to finance my own motoring. Bought an L reg. The only things I recall were that it didn't have power steering, it was 4-speed, and the radio was cr*p. Oh, and all the VW bits seemed expensive.
No we didn't Colin.

It was a 1991 at a dealers for £1195 and only a panic to replace SWMBO's broken car made us even look at a dealer at all. He was going to drop it under a grand for a trade sale but it was a dog by our standards.

Doom blue with flaky wheel trims and bodged up parking dents. Seen better in the breakers.

One more dog of a Golf later (boy do they hold their money) and we chanced on a mint Polo Ranger which is now here....and mentioned on the Polo fuel tank thread.

Funny little car, like a proper one shrunk by 30%.

David
Re: What is a Golf Ryder? - Martin Wall
The Parkers Price Guide (or the guide they do for older models - Parkers Plus) should have this stort of info....not sure if they have it on www.parkers.co.uk though......
Re: What is a Golf Ryder? - KB.
DW,
This is not going to help much, and you've probably already done it, but if you type it in to Google, there's stacks of used ones which, if nothing else, will give some help with prices.

Sorry to see that the other line of enquiry (older Golfs) was hi-jacked again.

Regards,

KB.
Re: What is a Golf Ryder? - colin
Well, David W, did you buy it?