need Legal avivce citroen c8 - Marathon man
This is a short section from a recent letter to my dealer

I own a Citroen C8 exclusive 2.2 petrol with all the extras bar leather and have had nothing but bother for the last 13 months

My car has been with the dealer for 150 while they attempt to rectify the growing list for faults and replaced parts.

These faults are common throughout the range but my car seens to be the test bummy that has all of them

PLEASE EMAIL ME BEFORE YOU BUY A C8 marathonbuild@blueyonder.co.uk

I will list all the faulty parts I am aware of that have been repaired, replaced or swapped with other cars on your forecourt.

Fuel Cap R Fuel level reset F Heater Fan burnt out R

Heater resistor R Front storage lid R 5 Seat belts R

Front wings loose F Head light bulb Rx3 Rear door runners Fx5

R/D runners R Tire pressure Sensor R Roof Bars R

F Sun roof Fx3 F Sun roof R R Sun roofs Fx5

R sun Sensors Rx2 Head Cloth Fx2 Head Cloth R

Front Seat covers both R Seat Electrics Fx3 Seat Electrics R

Door handle crack Rx2 Esp. Fault Fx3 Fuse Box R

Head unit cpu Rx3 Cpu re prog Rx6 Heater elec Burnout Rx3

Head unit cover R Arial R Nav Re prog Fx3

Oil sensor F Engine tap noise R Buttons head control R

Windscreen R Seat elect rewire F Cig lighters Fx3

Auto mirrors LOST Auto windows LOST Nav disk poor condition

Alarm Fx3 Door trims R Scratches to paint Fx3

Interior cleaned Fx2 Mats R Dip stick Fx1 R

R = REPLACED F = FIXED x No NUMBER OF TIMES

RAC have attended road side twice, towed car once. Cars electrics have totally shut down at speed over 50 mph and approaching junctions twice more. Recently power steering shuts down at low revs this has happened four times over last two months. Due to current ice road conditions we have little confidence in the car for school runs on icy mornings.

Work pending

Heater mixer R Belt tension wheel R Rear door motor R

Exhaust Earth lead R Loss of power steering ??

Work to report

Rear Seat Wear Roof Bars

Please feel free to add and delete items, I am no mechanic but it?s a canny list

Yesterday the windscreen wipers stopped working at speed in the rain and would not work or reset till the car had its ignition off over night

Regards

Paul

Please mail me.
need Legal avivce citroen c8 - Screwloose
Paul

Sound a pretty typical list.

Didn't you know about French cars' "character." Their owners simply love all of this; "Oh look! The wheels have fallen off again; now we can call that very, very nice AA man twice in one day - isn't that wonderful."

If you want a car without any "character;" I believe it's called a Toyota.
need Legal avivce citroen c8 - Vansboy
Looks like the dealer is doing his best to sort the problems - at least he's not telling you to get lost!!

You don't mention what you've asked him to do, other than fix it - did you try & reject it, at the first sign of problems, but accept offer of repair? This wouldn't help, if you tried to reject, now.

I'd guess you've had some 'enjoyment' of the vehicle & we don't know how many miles you've covered. Therefore the easiest thing would be to swap it for a new one & you pay a consideration, for the use you have made.

Or have you got Legal Help cover on home or motor insurance policy - they usually have helplines, to ring & would take up your claim - if they felt a reasonable success, was likely.

Lots more ideas, coming shortly.....

VB
need Legal avivce citroen c8 - Marathon man
many thanks for your reply

the car has done 22000 in thirteen months

faults where reported from the first week but they where minor and repairs where carried out

but then every three to four weeks somthing else would go wrong

cheera again

Paul
need Legal avivce citroen c8 - Armitage Shanks {p}
In your exhaustive list of problems what do R and F mean?

Repair and Fail or something else?
need Legal avivce citroen c8 - Xileno {P}
"R = REPLACED F = FIXED x No NUMBER OF TIMES"
need Legal avivce citroen c8 - codefarm
It seems to be a common view that lousy build quality in the 70s/80s doomed Rover.

How come Citroen are still going? Were the 70s/80s SD1s and 825s/827s worse?

need Legal avivce citroen c8 - mikeyb
in the 70s/80s doomed Rover.
How come Citroen are still going? Were the 70s/80s SD1s and
825s/827s worse?

Cars are more complex than they used to be. In reality people only brought Rovers because they were british, and out of some kind of national pride.

My experience with Citroen has been OK - not fantastic - I did have to visit a few times for warranty work plus the dealers are not great either, but to be honest thats why I sold up when the warranty ran out as I didnt have the confidence that it would last.

I would think that your best bet is to try to reject the car - likely outcome is dealer will offer you a new one if you pay something towards the use you have had.>> It seems to be a common view that lousy build quality