Halfords Semi-Synth. On Offer. - rg
£8.99/5ltr, I think.

Made by Comma?

What's the difference between the "petrol" and "diesel" oils, apart from the labelling?

The API specs are identical. Anything added/taken away that's not covered by those numbers/letters?

rg
Halfords Semi-Synth. On Offer. - mfarrow
£8.99/5ltr, I think.

Yup, I've bought four so far which I'm going to keep, erm, err, somewhere!
Made by Comma?

Apparently.
What's the difference between the "petrol" and "diesel" oils, apart from
the labelling?

I was wondering this too, as the Halfords in RLBS ran out today *hides in corner*

--------------
Mike Farrow
Halfords Semi-Synth. On Offer. - mss1tw
Would this be OK to put in an HDi do you think? I've been using fully synth, but I have no idea what it was run on before. I don't think you're supposed to mix oils (I mean with full changes not just topping up) other wise I imagine the engine never gets 'used' to one type of oil.
Mike,

Thanks

"RLBS" ??

And I thought the "CF" covered the diesel spec? So, from the data panel, no difference at all, apart from them changing the order that the codes are written down...(?!)

I've read the "stick" at the top of the page on oil viscosity and spec., BTW. I suspect that this is a bit of "clever" marketing.

Eurocarparts were doing a later-spec (BMW, Volvo, VW, etc). diesel-specific "own brand" semi-synth at around £6.00/5ltrs a couple of months ago. I should have bought more...

rg
Halfords Semi-Synth. On Offer. - Dynamic Dave
"RLBS" ??

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=25...9
Halfords Semi-Synth. On Offer. - cheddar
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=37...1
Halfords Semi-Synth. On Offer. - bell boy
ive just bought 5 litre semi syn 15/40 from my ford dealer for £4.93 all in,fair enough they know me, but i can get the same spec same price from my vauxhall dealer by walking in as jo public and asking for it
Halfords Semi-Synth. On Offer. - Hamsafar
I;ve just got 25 litres of Q8 Formula Excel Fully Synthetic 5w/40 SL/CF for £25.
£1 per litre. Makes you realise how much 'perceived value' retail packaging adds.
Halfords Semi-Synth. On Offer. - Quinny
I got some Shell Helix,and some Castrol GTD for my HDi a little while ago.

Cost?

Gratis.Beat that.

Well I was leaving the company I worked for at the time,and the truck did need some oil.........
Halfords Semi-Synth. On Offer. - mss1tw
I;ve just got 25 litres of Q8 Formula Excel Fully Synthetic
5w/40 SL/CF for £25.
£1 per litre. Makes you realise how much 'perceived value'
retail packaging adds.

Where from?
Halfords Semi-Synth. On Offer. - Hamsafar
Someone got it for me in Leeds, but I usually get Texaco Havoline, and Texamatic 7045E automatic fluid and fluids for about the same price from Northern Oil Co Ltd, Wollaton Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG8 1HJ. You just need to look on texaco site and decide what you want, then go to a local oil distributor, I rang the Texaco depot first, and they weren't interested in selling to me, so I asked where they sold to in my area and they said teh place above. I presume wherever you live there is something similar. Try Yellow pages or www.yell.com

The thing is when you pay your money and get a shabby plastic black barrel with an A5 white sticker with just the product name and how to get a copy of the MSDS, it's nowhere near as satisfying as a brightly designed attractive 5l bottle you can hold in your hand or put on your shelf! It shows how we are all weak to advertising and branding!
Yes, do tell..

(This is like the Monty Python "you were lucky" sketch in reverse..

"Well, I've got my own oil well near Newark, and I sell mine on the Amsterdam spot market...")

r