headlight bulb confusion - Tim T
I need a new H7 bulb for my A4. I have a catalogue listing Osram All Season, Super, Cool Blue and Silverstar at various prices, but only Cool Blue and Silverstar in H7. Are either of them much better than standard halogen? They are a lot more expensive and I wonder if it is worth it I would replace in pairs.
Re: headlight bulb confusion - richard turpin
Why not try 100 watt bulbs. Most factors, including Halfords stock them. They are not expensive. You will need fuses of 10 amps per bulb/filament or 20 if only one fuse for both. They are illegal on newer cars but who is ever going to check.
If your bulbs are dual filament dip/main, go for the 80/100 watt as the 100/130 watt get too hot.
Re: headlight bulb confusion - Steve
There was a previous thread on this. I have just fitted H4 Phillips Vision plus to Merc e class. Std wattage better pattern; huge improvement and £19.50 pr from Phillips distributor.
Re: headlight bulb confusion - David Millar
Tim

If you decide to buy via the internet, don't necessarily be swayed by offers of additional free bulbs. My ordered set arrived quickly but I am still waiting for my free pair. Decide what you want and go for the cheapest convenient supplier.

David
Re: headlight bulb confusion - Andy P
Try www.powerbulbs.com. I replaced the standard bulbs in my Accord with the Philips Xenon, and they are noticeably brighter, while still completely legal. Service from them was excellent.

Andy
Re: headlight bulb confusion - CM
Ordered from Powerbulbs and had the new bulbs delivered the next day along with the free ones that they had on offer. Only problem with the free ones is that they do not fit any lights on the car!!