civic type-R gearbox - lazza
I'd like to know if anybody with a Honda Civic Type-R, has trouble selecting 1st and 2nd in the cold weather, especially in the mornings? I had the engine oil changed a thousand miles ago to Castrol SLX 0W-30 but doubt if this would have anything to do with gear selection!!

Also, big up Cirencester Tyre and Exhaust Co for their 4-wheel laser tracking service. New RE040's have 6000 miles on them and are wearing evenly, and very slowly - thanks lads!
civic type-R gearbox - Mikey Jay
Many gearboxes behave rather badly in cold weather untill they have been warmed up a bit.It is a common problem. See previous threads on gear box oil. Aprilia wrote a posting on the subject and this is Called Honda gear box oil I think, and you can find it in the Forum search. I would ask a Honda dealer for advice.Mike
civic type-R gearbox - Roly93
I wouldn't worry about it. We have had a very cold winter so far, and my newish Audi A4 gearbox is a bit sticky in 1st and 2nd till it gets warm.
civic type-R gearbox - grease monkey
lazza ,this is a known (by honda)problem with the civic type rgearbox ,honda issued a technical service bulletin on the subject with a remedy involving a gearbox stripdown,if your cars still under warranty then take it in to your dealer for repair otherwise it will be an expensive repair if your paying for it yourself !!
--
if it aint broke don`t fix it
civic type-R gearbox - lazza
Thanks for your advice GM - my warranty runs out end of August, so will soldier on for now. Hopefully the onset of spring with its warmer weather will help. It's just annoying having to be careful going 1st - 2nd from cold.
civic type-R gearbox - Falkirk Bairn
I'd get down to the Honda dealership and get them to look at it now especially if it is a known issue.

They might not do much but at least you will have registered a possible fault.

If Sept onwards the problem arises then you will be in a better position to ask for an out of warranty repair.