Overdue service on Mazda6 - carman
Hi all - first post!

Love the site, lots of knowledge and humour - can you help on this one?

Bought a Mazda6 TS 2.0 petrol at auction with 15,000mls and found that the 12,500 mile service hadn't been carried out - no oil or filter change! Oil wasn't low, just dirty. Car seems fine and obviously hasn't been thrashed (hardly any disc wear, interior in good nick, and alloys unkerbed). Is this serious? Dealer says related parts of my warranty will be affected. Heard Mazda engines are tough as old boots!

I may be able to get a refund from the people who stamped the service book. But the car seems just fine and I really like it.

What would you do?

Thanks!

Overdue service on Mazda6 - Adam {P}
You say the book is stamped but the service was not carried out. Are you saying that according to the book it has been serviced when in actual fact it hasn't? How did you find that out?

Confirmed by dealer.
Overdue service on Mazda6 - Adam {P}
Who stamped the book? The dealer?
No, it was done outside of Mazda.

Anyway, back to the question, will this be a problem for the engine?

Overdue service on Mazda6 - happytorque
Thats only 2500 over the standard requirement, so i wouldnt worry too much. Just get it changed asap.
Overdue service on Mazda6 - Civic8
As the oil is dirty-cue to get it sorted,I always service a car when first bought,regardless of whether its been done before...dont trust service history-never have done
--
Steve
Overdue service on Mazda6 - Bill Payer
If the car was serviced by a non-franchise dealer, then unless you have the invoice to go with the service, and Mazda parts were used (I guess that's probably limited to the oil filter for this service?) then the warranty wouldn't be valid anyway.