Scenic II dashboard creak - BobbyG
I have an annoying noise which has developed in the last week on my 04 Scenic II. It seems to be coming from the dashboard area just behind the steering wheel. Its not a squeak, its not a rattle, more a "creak" noise if that makes sense. It is so loud that even SWMBO noticed it. But it is not the creak you sometimes associate with temperatures changing.

Anyone know if this is a known problem or what may be causing it? If it doesn't disappear then I will be forced to take it to the dealer and don't fancy what the result will be if they take the dashboard apart!
Scenic II dashboard creak - Xileno {P}
Creaks and rattles can be hard to track down, let alone cure. I've have not heard of there being a problem with the Scenic. you could try some of that dashboard spray cleaner (Halfords sell it), I had a creak in my VW that it cured for a few months until another spray was needed.
Scenic II dashboard creak - BobbyG
Don't think the spray would work, the noise is coming from within the dashboard, not the actual dashboard itself, if you know what I mean?
Scenic II dashboard creak - Xileno {P}
Definitely main dealer visit then. Not sure what attitude they will take regarding creaks, rattles etc. and warranty. Always a bit of a grey area.
Scenic II dashboard creak - Aprilia
I would just put up with it. Creaks from Renault trim are hardly unusual... If it is from 'within' the dashboard then the main dealer will need to remove the dash to deal with the creak. By doing that you will be opening a Pandora's Box of troubles....