BMW Service light query. - Steveo4869
Could someone tell me what the clock symbol on the BMW service light indicator means. I recently did my own service on the car and reset the lights back to green but this little clock symbol has now popped up.

Cheers

Steveo
BMW Service light query. - Hamsafar
It used to mean 'Annual Inspection' the one where they check the underseal and stone chips etc...
thanks for the reply ishok
BMW Service light query. - storme
are you sure?????????

i understand the clock symbol(and hrs that are left) to mean how long is left till a brake fluid change
--
www.storme.co.uk
BMW Service light query. - Dynamic Dave
i understand the clock symbol(and hrs that are left) to mean how long is left till a brake fluid change

It would appear so:-

bmwmacau.com/service/sii/main.html
In my old owner's manual, it says "Annual Check" does not mention brake fluid! A quick google backs this up...
www.bmtech.com.au/info/service/service_interval_in...p

So maybe it is both, or is different on different models, or maybe country specific.
BMW Service light query. - Pugugly {P}
If its a recent one it means that you need to change brake fluid.
BMW Service light query. - John S
Steve

Depends how old the car is. On my '90 E 30 for example, it's a reminder for the annual check. On later cars (eg my '99 E36) it comes up every 3 years to remond of coolant and brake fluid changes.

JS
BMW Service light query. - dollygolfmids
i work for BMW it comes up every 2 years, we only reset it when we do a brake fluid change.. every other BF change should be inline with a Coolant Change, if you have a E46 when u turn ignition on and press the rite button where the rev counter is.. this will display a date is 1/06.. this is when the bf is due over due ect
BMW Service light query. - Oz
As above the 'tiny clock' symbol in a BMW simply means a time-based operation is due (i.e. brake fluid - 2 year intervals, or coolant check - 4 year intervals) rather than a usage based operation.
Oz (as was)
Thanks for all the replies. The car is a E36 316 compact 1997. I recently completed all the tasks of an Inspection II but didn't change brake fluid although I did change coolant. I better do the brake fluid next!!!! Thanks again
Steveo
Does your reset tool have one for this? Mine only has OIL / INSP.
BMW Service light query. - dollygolfmids
u use the inspection button for the body clock.. so if youve done and inspection and bf.. reset the Ins twice... the problem with that tool is that it will reset the Bodyclock first.. so if you dont do the BF and have an INS it will be reset.. its abit of a flaw, but was sorted with the E46 with the reset through the trip