Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Rats
I am considering the Isuzu Denver Max Pickup as I need a 4x4 for towing a horsebox, getting in and out of muddy fields etc.

Does anyone have any experience of this vehicle please.....

Many thanks
Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Vansboy
Not over familiar with the vehicle, but, unless things have changed, you'll find it a little bit harder, to 'deal' with dealers.

The intention, with Isuzu, was, to enable a better control over stocks/prices/availability, that the dealer doesn't actually own any of the vehicles, he's selling.Usually a stocking finance plan would be in place, prompting dealers to shift units, to achieve sales quotas & bonuses, resulting in the odd 'bargain' now & again.Not so, with Isuzu!

It'll cetainly be interesting, to hear how you get on!!

& the truck does look impressive!!

VB
Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Dave N
They're pretty slow, even with the 3 litre engine. Also pretty noisy as well. Depending on what you've towed with before, you may be a little suprised, as none of the pickups seem to tow as well as a regular 4X4. I think it's due to the long rear overhang, stiff rear suspension, and light rear end, but they just don't seem very stable.

I tried one as I wanted an auto, but will probably go for a Navara as they're head and shoulders above the Isuzu.

One a personal note, I think they look like a Ford Fusion from the front.
Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Bought it now - Rats
Managed to get a pretty good deal from my local dealer, got them to price match what was offered at another dealer.

Drovr the auto, but the manual is much better, speed was pretty good, acceeration was comparable to the Sharan TDI.

Now, just need to sort insurance, does anyone have any tips on insuring pickups, my current insurer won't touch it.

Does anyone know the best way to insure a second car, as NCD is only applicable to my first one (fair enough I guess).

Thanks for any help
Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Bought it now - autumnboy
They are noisey and slow compared to other 2.8/3.0 4x4s and crude inside. After all Vauxall cloned them without success and not much better than a Tata.
Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Bought it now - Dave N
You'll need to factor in the cost of a tracker, otherwise the pikies will have it away under a pile of timber before you can say lavender.
Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Bought it now - Vansboy
Insurers listed in www.honestjohn.co.uk/directories/DirUrl.htm?blk=Di...l

One day I'll learn how to make those tiny links!!

VB
Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Bought it now - blue_haddock
One day I'll learn how to make those tiny links!!

tinyurl.com/

It's not that hard!
Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Bought it now - Dynamic Dave
It's not that hard!

But only really necessary if the link is a very long one.
Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Bought it now - NowWheels
>> One day I'll learn how to make those tiny links!!
>>
tinyurl.com/
It's not that hard!

Indeed it ain't: you don't even have to go to that URL.

If you use Firefox there's a handy extension called "TinyURL Creator" which allows you do it by right-clicking on the page: tinyurl.com/basyy

If you use Microsoft Internet Exploder, the TinyUrl homepage (tinyurl.com ) includes simple instructions on how to make a toolbar button to do this.

Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Bought it now - Vansboy
Much obliged - I'll try it next time!!

VB
Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Bought it now - THe Growler
You should have bought the new Toyota Hi-Lux, miles better by far.
Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Bought it now - Dave N
In the UK the Hilux only has 102bhp. Painfully slow.
Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Bought it now - Rats
It was a toss-up between the Isuzu and the new Navara, however, the Navara is a fair be dearer and 174 BHP was probably over the top (although might have been fun at times) also, I didn't fancy the new shape Navara much, prefered the old style.

Still am committed now, or maybe I should be :-)

Dave N, the low power of the Hilux and the same with the Mazda Barracuda put me off of them, currently have a 115 BHP Sharan, so didn't want less than that.

Will keep you posted on progress with it......
Isuzu Denver Max Pickup - Bought it now - Harmattan
HJ, thanks for the comment on EU4. I have been hunting the internet for a simple breakdown on what the regulations mean for imports of 2006-registered vehicles as I am contemplating buying and eventually importing into Europe a new Toyota HZJ 78 or 79 (hardtop or pickup) with the normally-aspirated 4.2 litre diesel engine. A few importers in France, Belgium and Germany appear to have been able to register them legally in 2005 by slightly modifying the fuel injection but it is unclear how legal a 2006 one will be in Europe unless it is converted into a motorcaravan which seems to be totally exempt.

Presumably Euro 3 still applies to 2007 but that means other big pickups (e.g. 4.2 Nissan Patrol diesel p/up)might also be importable.

Des anyone know if prior use for more than 6 months is a reliable way of getting an import exemption?