ford focus remote locking transmitter - toolslinger
i have a problem with my transmitter on my 2002 focus 1.6 zetec.on trying to unlock my car today using the remote,it did'nt work.i opened the transmitter to find the little switch, has come apart the underside of the circuit board.can i remove the circuit board to reattach the switch.
ford focus remote locking transmitter - Adam {P}
Yes you can quite easily. It's a little fiddly but it can be done.

On mine, the contacts had worn so I had to buy a new on. This "only" came to 50 quid because assuming you have two keys, you can program it yourself.

Just realised that's no help whatsoever.

The ciccuit board sits in a little plastic case which always looks loose. The switches are tiny metal boxes with circular black buttons fixed onto the board whilst the buttons you see on the actual key are just depressions that touch the real switches when you press them.

Are you sure the switches have actually come away?
yes adam, when i opened the transmitter i could here something rattling.turned it upside down and it fell into my hand.
No. The thing that fell into your hand is meant to when you open the key. It's just a little circuit board that sits in a crappy plastic thing. Don't confuse the real buttons (very small - on the circuit board) with the buttons you actually press on the key itself.

Check the copper on the circuit board that makes contact with the battery contacts. Mine had completely worn which is why I needed a new key. I tried putting slivers of tin foil on it but it didn't work.
no adam its definatly one of the switches of the circuit board.the copper is worn but it doesnt look excessive.could i get one from a breakers yard and reprogamm that.
I guess so but you might have a problem with the key part of it. I *think* you need two key parts being turned in the ignition and THEN the new key part. A breakers yard wouldn't have a key matching yours. You can buy the key part separately for abotu a fiver and then this would slot onto the remote you got from a breakers yard. You could try it and if so, you're out however much it cost you to get the remote from teh scrappies.

You'll need the key part even if you buy everything from Ford because they sell them separately so you may as well get it (and get it cut at Ford - they did mine for free)

P.S. - Sorry for sounding so patrionising in my earlier posts. Just wanted to make sure we were singing from teh same hymn sheet.
adam thanks for being patient with me. its getting late now off to bed, swmbo is very miffed been on to long all ready.
ford focus remote locking transmitter - L'escargot
adam thanks for being patient with me. its getting late now
off to bed, swmbo is very miffed been on to long
all ready.

It was only 22:36 ~ the evening was just beginning!
--
L\'escargot.
ford focus remote locking transmitter - L'escargot
This "only" came to 50 quid because assuming
you have two keys, you can program it yourself.

It cost me £90 for one for a 306 about 10 years ago ! At least Ford spares are reasonably cheap.
--
L\'escargot.