Ford Radio replacement - smokie
Dumb question probably...

I'd bought a replacement for the radio in my daughter's previous Fiesta as a Christmas present. One of those which takes memry cards, USB sticks MP3 CDs, the lot.

Immediately before Christmas she bought a newer Fiesta.

This has a standard Ford radio/tape player. Of course, she wants a CD (they are never happy are they...!).

The Ford radio looks bigger than a regular radio. Is there some way I can use the standard size radio unit I have bought, or do I need to get a Ford specific unit?

Ford Radio replacement - henry k
I am pretty certain you can get adaptor panels.
I would expect Halfords at least to stock them as replacing a Ford unit must be a frequent task.
Ford Radio replacement - Stuartli
Just as frequent possibly, in fact, as the number of Ford radios that are stolen over a very wide area of the UK in which I live and no doubt further afield...:-(
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Ford Radio replacement - Dynamic Dave
I am pretty certain you can get adaptor panels.

Yep, sure can:

snipurl.com/lbq4 (link to www.caraudioplus.co.uk)
Thanks, now I know what I'm looking for I can find hundreds of them!
Ford Radio replacement - madf
Lots of high spec Ford radios on ebay.
madf
Ford Radio replacement - Blue {P}
I really like my Ford 6000 CD, so much so that I'm just going to add a CD changer to it rather than changing the head unit, I prefer the looks of the standard radio as well to the aftermarket ones.

Blue
Ford Radio replacement - Galaxy
I quite like this unit that I've just found on e-Bay. It play's MP3's, which would be very useful. It also fits into the standard Ford large hole!

cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-MP3-CD-PLAYER-NOT-6000-6006-IN...m

Pity it's the wrong colour, though!

Does anyone know whether all Ford 6006 units will play MP3's, or is it just one's that are so-marked like this one?
Ford Radio replacement - cheddar
Does anyone know whether all Ford 6006 units will play MP3's,
or is it just one's that are so-marked like this one?

My Mondeo has a 6006, the one illustrated is not a 6006, the 6006 is an in dash 6CD unit though the one illustrated, being a single CD unit, looks more like a 6000. IIRC 6006 units will not play MP3's (no way of connecting) and the later Mondeos that have an MP3 connection have I believe Sony units.

An ex colleague had a Focus with an Alpine or similar std size unit and a blanking plate, looked ok though not as tidy as the Ford spec units. I believe you can get a cubby hole section to fit below a std size unit instead of a blanking plate which might look better.
Oooo, I dunno. The advert is written all in capitals, I hate people shouting their ads at me...

;-)
Ford Radio replacement - AlastairW
I really like my Ford 6000 CD, so much so that
I'm just going to add a CD changer to it rather
than changing the head unit, I prefer the looks of the
standard radio as well to the aftermarket ones.
Blue

I was thinking exactly the same Blue. Is there a specific type of changer (a ford one?) or will any changer work with the head unit?
Ford Radio replacement - Adam {P}
Do what I did when the cd part of my 6000 packed up. Get pretty much any 6 disc changer and a Ford adapter for it. MUST be a 6 disc changer though as I found out to my cost.

I've got a pretty good Alpine changer which plugs into this adapter (hidden behind the radio and then into the radio itself. Looks better than the standard Ford changers (not that you'd care with it being in the boot) and has never skipped once despite not being properly fixed in the boot.