Omega 2.0 Eco, DOHC. Smoke in engine bay - Dough Boy
Hi, a belated Happy Christmas and an Excellent New Year to one and all.

I?m hoping that someone may be able to give me the present of a working motor?

Symptoms : Starts and ticks over OK, no oil in the water or vice versa. When revved, engine note goes flat, smoke appears at the rear of the block (smells like oil fumes), coughs and stops. Unable to find exactly where fumes are from but looks to be in the direction of the EGR valve?

The odd thing is that it will run OK for a short time then it?s as if something is letting go of pressure. That?s when the above happens?

Any ideas? Please !!!

Another quick question too if I may... There is what is described (in Haynes) as a cut off valve on the right side on the engine bay to the left of the power steering fluid reservoir. If you remove the air hoses, would you normally expect steam to and a gurgling noise to come out..?
Omega 2.0 Eco, DOHC. Smoke in engine bay - Hamsafar
IIRC this could be due to blocked breather pipes, and is easily fixed by cleaning.
Not sure of the other question. Maybe someone else has more details, but I have read others have blocked PCV type pipes (with oily sludge) on this engine.
Lovely job... cleaning breather pipes. I'll look forward to that. Many thanks IL... I'll post results when I have done the messy stuff. (and of course any probs if I get them).

Cheers all. Any body have any other ideas, I'd be happy to read.
Omega 2.0 Eco, DOHC. Smoke in engine bay - Altea Ego
I would lay money you have a blocked exhaust.........
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Omega 2.0 Eco, DOHC. Smoke in engine bay - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
If anyone is running a book I'll have a fiver on the blocked exhaust too!

--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
As it happens, I did smack the cat conv on a rock... Was following directions from my Tom Tom... went for the shortest route instead of the fastest... Baad mistake.
I will have that part of the exhasut replaced and I'll post the results...

Many thanks.