Tyres for Omega - omegalen
My 2.6 petrol estate uses 225/55/R16 tyres. What tyres would other owners recommend for the best steering and handling please? The previous Michelins were better than the present Goodyear FI Eagles THY47G
Tyres for Omega - Hamsafar
On mine, I used to use P6000s, then Goodyear F1 GS-D2 (older design) now Pirelli P7s. The P7s are the best alrounders out of those, including price (£77 @ ETS), wear and comfort. They also seem to grip well (they came top in an AutoBild tyre test). I went away from Goodyear Eagle F1s due to tramlining and camber chasing they seemed to exasperate. I rather fancy Goodyear Excellence next though. 212.15.75.248/excellence
Tyres for Omega - Vansboy
On my 2.5 CDX, I've same size & Michelin Premacy.

Actually going to need just one, soon (spare is unused).

I'll keep it Michelin, despite the HUGE price variaton, quoted.
£136 inclusive is best deal locally - Stapletons in Hitchin - the company have branches, all over, but this is a TYRE depot, rather than exhaust & other stuff, Damon there, knows his stuff.

I did get £126 quoted, from a Luton independent, guy, too.

VB
Tyres for Omega - scotty
I've had a variety of makes on my 2.5 CDX. I got fed up with the rate of wear and the replacement costs so six months back fitted Nanking all round for £212 all in. Not too bad, though not as good as Pirelli, but wearing much better. Can be a little "interesting" in the wet if you push it! No tramlining like I had with Goodyear F1s. As I understand it you'll get tramlining with any square / flat profile tyre. I think I could easily fit a new set of tyres worth more than the rest of the car ;-)

Cheers
Les
Tyres for Omega - Hamsafar
Hello Scotty, which Nankangs do you use?
I have seen NS-2 and EX500 on mytyres website at very cheap rates.
I've had so many burst nearly-new P7 tyres recently (5 in 6 months) of which on 3 occasions they have had to be replaced due to being too close to the edge. It makes me wonder is some tyres are more prone to punctures.
Tyres for Omega - scotty
Hello Scotty, which Nankangs do you use?
I have seen NS-2 and EX500 on mytyres website at very
cheap rates.

Sorry - I should have said - they're EX-500
Tyres for Omega - scotty
Hi Vansboy

My 2.5 CDX also has an unused spare, but that's because it's narrower than the 225s fitted to the alloys - it's only a 205, sort of an oversized spacesaver! I thought this was standard.

Les
Tyres for Omega - Dynamic Dave
From previous posts in the Forum, Omega's are renound for tramlining when they have certain makes of tyre fitted.

A quick forum search found these threads, which may or may not be of any use to you:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=37181
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=18480

Tyres for Omega - Vansboy
Yep! The 'standard' issue spare, is a steel rim - but guess I'm lucky, as the car is Ex Police, no doubt they felt it wise to spend a few more £$£$ of ours, to get a matching set!!

Pity, you can't fully close the cover, in the loadspace, 'cos it sticks up too much!!

VB
Tyres for Omega - smokie
The best all-round tyres (no pun intended) I've had on the MV6 were B F Goodrichs.

They were followed by Avons, which caused no end of problems until Micheldever found that they were NOT round.

I now have Dunlops which are OK but more pricey than the BFGs (for which I can't find a local supplier any more...). Dunlops about £105 a corner IIRC whereas BFG were £80 a few years back.
Omega Tyres - omegalen
Thanks guys for your views. Have today replaced Eagle F1`s with Michelin Pilot Primacy with great improvement in steering response and no tramlining. Cost for four 225/55/16/W £470 at ATS. Will report in four years or so on mileage

{Moved to existing discussion on the subject. DD}