TT service interval per display - 20,000 miles? - Sanjeev
Friend has an Audi TT 180 with 12300 miles on the clock (not been serviced) and the display suggests another 7200 miles before its first service.
Is this typical for TTs, does anyone know? All he was given when taking delivery was some oil for top up if required at 1000 miles.
Re: TT service interval per display - 20,000 miles - richard price
I would have the oil and filter cahnged now. It a cheap way of ensuring a sound engine for the future. The extended service routines are to please the fleet buyers not in the interest of the private car owner.
Re: TT service interval per display - 20,000 miles - Phil
Yeah do it now. These 4 pot turbos must be really stressed particularly in 225bhp form - how they can get away with such long service intervals I don't know.
Re: TT service interval per display - 20,000 miles - CymroArall
My TT225 gave the first "Service Needed" warning after about 7K miles (almost 12 months). As under warranty, done by dealer. [Mind you, wouldn't really know where to start to do so myself - it's hard enough to find the battery, let alone the oil filter!]. Now 18 months old, and not much more on the clock, so it'll have another oil change after 24 months whether or not the computer says it's necessary.
Re: TT service interval per display - 20,000 miles - Jimmy Jimenez
Do you Nanny State Ninnies REALLY need to discuss this issue. 20,000 mile oil changes are nonsense as you all well know! Change oil every 6 months max. or 3,000 miles. End of discussion.
Re: TT service interval per display - 20,000 miles - crazed
yep and its the private motorist who buys an ex-fleet car at 3 or 4 years old that has been serviced at 20 k intervals that will suffer most

makers and fleets know this which is why its ok by them
Re: TT service interval per display - 20,000 miles - Phil
Jimmy -what is it with you and Nanny States? I don't see why he can't ask this question - not everyone knows all about car maintenance and I would like to think that is a great use for the backroom. A place where people who have questions about cars come to people with *sensible* answers and opinions.
Re: TT service interval per display - 20,000 miles - CymroArall
Whilst I do not know what are 'nany state ninnies', I feel that the original query was both reasonable and a proper use of this forum. Your interperate reply seems intolerant of those with less knowledge or experience than you about car maintenance. For shame!