Boy was I tempted. - David W
Following a cooling system "incident" we're looking for a replacement SWMBO car.

Quite open minded what to get and have been looking at bargains in the freeads and supermarket for sale boards.

Also looking at cars in the street with for sale notices because they are often bargains.

Cruising through the local town today with eyes peeled spot the ultimate in a car park with a big for sale notice in the screen.

A Morris Minor saloon.................and it's already sprayed in pink.

I could always pop back for a second look but I guess I'd have to fend off the keen Northern buyers.

David
Re: Boy was I tempted. - Ian Cook
David

You're not telling us that you've terminally kippered the BX, are you? Surely it hasn't got enough miles on it yet to retire it! - or is it really bad?

Ian

p.s Moggie? Doesn't that use petrol?
Re: Boy was I tempted. - David W
Ian,

Sorry to say pressure of work put the coolant loss fault at the bottom of the pile and we paid for it. Head gasket at a minimum and a warped head as well no doubt.

This latest BX TZD Estate has been a little challenging so I reckon at 248,940 miles that is it finished with. It did only cost £250 last summer so it was worth the experience. And it still has more than £250 worth of good order components to donate to the next BX......hence despite thinking about other things for the past 48hrs it possibly will have to be on of the last BX TZD Estates made.

You will be interested to know we did think of Tipos, Jettas and Golf Drivers/CLs....and the pink MM of course.

David
Re: Boy was I tempted. - Brian
David
My late uncle had one of the Minor Million limited edition.
That came in a tasteful shade of lilac!
Re: Boy was I tempted. - Alwyn
And 1,000,000 on the boot lid!
Re: Boy was I tempted. - THe Growler
I recall the color was called "Rose Taupe". My neighbor had one.
Re: Boy was I tempted. - Mike Wolstencroft
Get her a Mk 1 Micra ( Mk 1 Golf copy) - my next door neighbour has just bought 'J' blue metallic 'minter' GS with a blown engine for fifty notes. Should be back on the road for two hundred quid...
Re: Boy was I tempted. - bruce
What is SWMBO please
Re: Boy was I tempted. - Bob Cat
Sheila's Who Must Be Obeyed
Re: Boy was I tempted. - alex
Saw a 420 G Jag in pink once - what a mess.
Alex
PS That was petrol {5 star} too
Re: Boy was I tempted. - Donald
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on - Lee H
Ah-ha!

Sounds like a fantastic conversion project - after all, how many Minors are there with XUD engines (I'm sure with a squeeze...), hydropneumatic suspension and fitted slippers?

An earlier thread suggested that buying the lady in ones life a MINI would do wonders, but what lady could resist such a classic?

You should get back down there and give in to temptation!

Regards,
Lee.
Never miss a chance to slag off a Minor - Darcy Kitchin
All my experiences with Morris Minors have been bad from my mate's first split screen 4-door with a cracked chassis to comprehensively stuffing my mother's 1965 example into a dry-stone wall.

They are draughty, poorly constructed rot-boxes with precious little in the way of engineering innovation and seats more suited to children than adults.

BTW David, I'm open to offers on the BX 4x4 as the Hyundai Coupe looms ever closer.