Focus Central Locking Gone Wrong - timp
Often, when I try to lock the doors from the remote or with the key in the driver's door, the doors lock and immediately unlock again.

Fortunately, I am still able to lock the car correctly using the key in the passenger's door.

Has anyone got any ideas what I can do to fix this? If this is likely to require the assistance of a dealer, how much is it going to cost to sort out?

Thanks,
Tim
Focus Central Locking Gone Wrong - elekie&a/c doctor
When you operate the locking with the remote,watch the action of the pass front door locking lever.Probably find it is not working.I would suspect the fault is in this door & very likely to be a locking actuator fault.BTW on most modern cars the cdl system needs to "see" all doors locked otherwise you get the lock/unlock situation.Not too expensive to sort.
Thanks for the advice. I think you may be right. I noticed the passenger door locking lever wasn't moving. Maybe the electrical connections to the motor in this door are loose, hence the central locking system can't lock the door but using the key in this door directly locks it and tells the central locking system to lock the other doors.

I'll take the door trim off tomorrow and have a look.

Thanks,
tim
Focus Central Locking Gone Wrong - Adam {P}
I had this identical problem on my Focus and it was a faulty driver's door catch.

Ford will charge 50 quid for the part and nearly 100 quid for labour. I'd advise not using them.
Focus Central Locking Gone Wrong - L'escargot
I had this problem and I cured it with a squirt of WD40 into all locks.
--
L\'escargot.
I got the door trim off and had a look, but there's not much that's accessible behind it, so I've given up until I get a Haynes manual. Since I took the door trim off and put it back on again, it has worked perfectly, however!
Focus Central Locking Gone Wrong - sierraman
No doubt there was a loose connection,or maybe the switch was sticking.If it is still the same system as on my Sierra there is a pin switch in the door latch which tells the system if a door is open.If I try to lock mine with a door ajar it will lock and unlock.