Web site car tax renewal - bert-j
Just renewed the car tax using the excellent DVLA web site. Slight change this year as they now allow you to use credit cards as well as debit cards. However, they charge you an extra £2.50 for the privilege of using a credit card, so be warned! Yet another motoring rip-off.
Web site car tax renewal - Armitage Shanks {p}
Not really a rip-off! You don't have to use a credit card and if you do, and your timing is lucky, you can have well over a month before you have to pay! Swings and roundabouts!
Web site car tax renewal - L'escargot
The thing that concerns me is the possibility of the disc being lost in the post.
--
L\'escargot.
Web site car tax renewal - jc
That applies anyway if you renew by Post Office without going personally;at least you don't have to send MOT/insurance cert..
Web site car tax renewal - Hugo {P}
I'm all for making life easier, but as I can use my local post office, who also uses me;), I would prefer to keep them going.

Same price and I get to support the community and a 5 minute walk out of it!
Web site car tax renewal - Hamsafar
Out of interest, if they come from DVLA, are the detao;s handwritten or typed?
Web site car tax renewal - mikeyb
Out of interest, if they come from DVLA, are the detao;s
handwritten or typed?

Comes nicely typed
Web site car tax renewal - Dynamic Dave
Comes nicely typed

One post office I used to use had a printer for producing the relevant details on the VED. Another one still hand writes them out. You'd have thought all the post offices would have been issued with the same equipment.
Web site car tax renewal - Chris7
Renewed my tax online on the 15th, came this morning, two days is that a record?
Regards Chris7
Web site car tax renewal - mare
Just renewed the car tax using the excellent DVLA web site.
Slight change this year as they now allow you to use
credit cards as well as debit cards. However, they charge you
an extra £2.50 for the privilege of using a credit card,
so be warned! Yet another motoring rip-off.

Why is it a rip off? Credit Card companies charge the DVLA so they pass the charge onto you. Same happens in IKEA.

Fair enough innit?