pug 206 woes - Phil
A girly friend of mine has a Met blue 98 S Pug 206 LX 3dr with air. She over-expended herself to buy the thing and can't really afford to run it. So now it is playing up bad (out of warranty in July) and she can't afford to fix it.

A mechanic friend has looked at it and he says it is only running on 3 cylinders and she is complaining of loss of power. She is taking it to Peugeot tomorrow. She has kept the servicing up to date and it has done 21k miles. What is the possibility of Peugeot stumping up for some of the work? I don't know if it has had the recall done but she has had to have the cat replaced.

Also - what is the car worth in present condition and engine fixed condition? She basically wants rid of it. Thanks all.
Re: pug 206 woes - Andy Bairsto
It could be somethink quite simple as a bad plug lead do not panic yet.
Re: pug 206 woes - Phil
Aye but if it was dead simple surely mechanic would have diagnosed it or are they so non DIY friendly that this is impossible?
Re: pug 206 woes - Honest John
See latest auction report. 206s in the right colours are hot property. She can probably get £6,500 for it.

HJ
Re: pug 206 woes - Robert Evans
I'd advise she gets it fixed and then sells it privately, as a sound-condition one will be worth much more than one with problems. 206s are extremely desirable, in fine fettle she'll get a good price