removing bumper scuffs - Claybuster

Anybody out there help, a little old lady scraped my back bumper yesterday, 2003 Honda CRV, its the black bumper not the painted one, doesn't seem to have broke the surface just a few lighter (in colour) marks. I have no wish to sting the old dear for a new bumper but would like to get the marks out. I know about the ordinary "back to black" silicone sprays but they are normally clear, I'm going to need something with a bit of colour in it, any backroomers out there got any hints, tips, brand names etc? I was thinking maybe something like a black gel for refinishing faded bumpers, but does that wash out every time you wash the car?
Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Claybuster
removing bumper scuffs - BobbyG
Is it a case that you are trying to remove her paint from your bumper? In other words is your bumper ok apart from her paint or is it a case of you have bare plastic or whatever showing through?

If you are just trying to remove the paint then maybe T Cut or something along those lines might do the job? Sorry, but not familiar with your exact bumper!

Oh, and well done for not trying to sting her!
removing bumper scuffs - Claybuster
BobbyG,
It's just scuffs, bumper is black and has about 4 approx 6" long horizontal marks, no paint, just lighter scuff marks, been to the "invisible mend guys" but because surface is not broken they reckon they will probably make it worse by trying to fix it, in an ideal world I would just like to blend the marks in with something like a black magic marker and then go over the rest of the bumper with a bumper cleaner, back to black or similar, but if I just do it without colouring in the scuffs on the bumper I'll just have a shiny bumper but still with the scuffs, hope you understand what I'm trying to do here BobbyG, I was hoping one of the backroomers might have tried something similar and had a result.
Regards
Claybuster
removing bumper scuffs - L'escargot
Turtle Wax High-Tech Black Chrome Trim & Bumper Polish. It does what it says on the bottle ~ restores original colour and lustre to all black trim, tyres and bumpers.

I've had my bottle years so I can't guarantee it is still available. In a nutshell, however, you need some black polish. (Not shoe polish though!)
--
L\'escargot.
removing bumper scuffs - L'escargot
P.S. Try Halfords. Just go round opening the bottles until you find one which is black.
--
L\'escargot.
removing bumper scuffs - Marc
Try Autoglym bumper care, it's a green paste in a bottle. It doesn't rinse off/streak at the first sign of water like many of the cheaper versions.

It won't remove the scuffs though, just blend them in a bit. I had a similar problem on the front black plastic valance on my Vectra.
removing bumper scuffs - Quinny100
You need some CarPlan Black Trim Wax. It's a thick black liquid wax that brings up black trim like new. Its not the easiest trim cleaner to use and its a pain to get off your hands and non black trim but it sounds like exactly what you need to put the colour back into the scuff marks.
removing bumper scuffs - mfarrow
I agree with Quinny. I first applied it a couple of years ago and it bought out the black in the plastic very well, and I can leave it for months on end without it fading back, though it won't be shiny after that long!

--------------
Mike Farrow
removing bumper scuffs - bell boy
i cant really recommend it for your car in case it doesnt work ,but for older cars specifically mk1 corsa"s with the plastic wheel spats that go grey i bring them back to black with a heat gun and then a wipe with concept plastic restorer
removing bumper scuffs - Fullchat
There is a dashboard paint product in an aerosol which is varying shades of grey to black. Micht just put the colour back in before appplying any of the above products.

Fullchat