How long before you can get a ticket - Nsar
I got a PCN for parking on a double yellow. The ticket was issued after 2 minutes. I assume this is Kosher but just wondering (hoping) if the min amount of time was more than 2 mins.
How long before you can get a ticket - horatio
It can be 2 secs if they want.
but there is a debate I saw once someone saying if the ticket is not served on you or your car it cannot later be served ...I dunno, the person writing the advice I'm sure said they succesfully challenged a ticket on this basis. ???
But to counter I saw some mad woman truong to desperately get away before a TW issued a ticket, tha traffic warden shouted out to her as she drove away, "it makes no difference you'll just get it in the post". I dunno ???
How long before you can get a ticket - Dwight Van Driver
Was there not some information in one of the weekend papers that normally they allowed 5 minutes from stopping on a yellow before issuing a PCN but that now this has been reduced to 2 minutes.

Other than London or issue by a Traffic Warden (Police) then if PCN is issued by a Parking Attendant (LA employed) then it has to be stuck on the car or handed to the driver to be served.

dvd
dvd,

Ahh, yes that's prolly what happened (LA contracted) thanks for clearing that up for me.
How long before you can get a ticket - barney100
What if you have broken down and happen to have alighted on the yellow line? do you still get a ticket to add to your collection.?
How long before you can get a ticket - Dwight Van Driver
Will depend Barney if there is anything in the Traffic Order for the lines if such an exemption occurs for BDV's.

Always worth consulting if stung as it gives the precise area covered and what is or not allowed. And don't forget the signage. Does it confirm etc.

dvd
How long before you can get a ticket - Bromptonaut
What if you have broken down and happen to have alighted
on the yellow line? do you still get a ticket to
add to your collection.?

No, immobilised vehicles are inthe exclusions along with emergency vehicles etc. Not that such practicalities deter the enthusiastic PA - or the deceitful (funny, it wouldnt start ten minutes ago)driver.

A five minute amnesty would, IMHO see many restrictions constantly abused by those just using the hole in the wall, picking up a pint of milk etc.
How long before you can get a ticket - Nsar
Thanks for replies. It's a fair cop, I've coughed up. Case closed.