Ford Focus Diesel clocks going haywire - dipsomaniac
A couple of times within the last week when turning the ignition key to start the engine all of the clocks and dials have gone haywire (spinning full circle before returning). It doesn't happen every time and I suspect that it is a loose connection somewhere. Can anyone please advise?
Ford Focus Diesel clocks going haywire - Adam {P}
That usually means the voltage isn't up to scratch.

Most commonly it's the battery on it's way out but could be battery related such as the alternator etc.

Mine's been doing it for over a year but stopped over the hotter days. (Does it a lot now) but it starts on the button so I've ignored it.

I't definitely isn't a loose connection. I'd check the battery first. There's a little circle on it which is green for good but red for bad. However, you may want to try something more traditional to test the voltage.
Ford Focus Diesel clocks going haywire - dipsomaniac
thanks for the reply adam. will check out the battery/alternator
Ford Focus Diesel clocks going haywire - David Horn
You could try removing and cleaning the connections that link to the battery. If they're corroded, they'll lower the voltage.
Ford Focus Diesel clocks going haywire - bathtub tom
I've had this for a couple of years on my '99 diesel. Try looking at the earth connections under the air filter (behind battery, in front of bulkhead), one of mine was so corroded it fell off, and inside door sills (pull back carpet and trim at front of front doors - both sides). Try www.ffoc.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=26