GPS Antenna location - BMW - Dude - {P}

I am currently experiencing problems with a new speed camera detector (Micro Road Pilot) unit and would welcome any advice on the best GPS antenna location on a 2002 E46 320d SE, and would also appreciate any info regarding whether this model is fittied with a UV windscreen that could seriously impede the signal to the antenna.

I have been in touch with the manufacturer`s technical team today and they are trying to blame the problem on the windscreen fitted to my car and refuse to accept any responsibility for the mal functioning of their unit, which I actually paid almost £100 to be hard wired by their distributor`s agent.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated as I currently don`t seem to be getting any satisfaction.
GPS Antenna location - BMW - Dude - {P}
I forgot to add that my son has a Road Angel unit fitted to a B 2002 E39 BMW 530i, which is also dash mounted and works perfectly, so I am of the opinion that the windscreen is not the causal problem.
GPS Antenna location - BMW - Altea Ego
Its entriely possible that your BMW has a reflective windscreen and your sons does not.

www.gpsw-support.co.uk/athermic.htm

There are lots of other hits about various BMWS having them.
--
RF - currently 1 Renault short of a family