Fiesta 1.4 TDCI oil cannister size - trancer
Planning to do one this weekend and I am sure I don't have a socket big enough to fit the oil filter cannister. Would anyone know the size?, I would like to get one beforehand.
Fiesta 1.4 TDCI oil cannister size - DL
Hmmmmm I should know........but I don't.

I think it's 27mm but please don't quote me.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Fiesta 1.4 TDCI oil cannister size - 547HEW
Yes, it is 27mm. Go for a hex (not bi-hex) socket as the nylon corners look like they could be easily be rounded off.
Thanks all, Im off to Halfords, even though I would really rather avoid the place. Can't think of anywhere else that sells individual sockets though.
Fiesta 1.4 TDCI oil cannister size - jc
Any good local toolshop.
Thats just the thing, I don't know of one in my area. I did go to Halfords and was able to buy a 27mm socket, but unfortunately they didn't have a 36mm which I need for my car.

Does anyone know of an online retailer of sockets?. I tried the usual Machine Mart, but they only sold socket sets, and of course those sets don't list a 36mm socket.
Fiesta 1.4 TDCI oil cannister size - jc
My local car accessory shop has a supplier-try yours.
Fiesta 1.4 TDCI oil cannister size - Rover25
There will probably be a Draper Tools agent in your area, probably a car spares accessory shop or an engineers merchant. Thay will often have single sockets in stock or able to supply next day.
I will peruse the old-fashined yellow pages and see what turns up.

Thanks again.
Fiesta 1.4 TDCI oil cannister size - mjm
You will probably find that a 36mm socket is listed for 3/4 inch drive only, in which case you will need a 3/4 to 1/2 inch adaptor.

R S Components do one, if all else fails.
Fiesta 1.4 TDCI oil cannister size - quizman
Mr trancer, please try " tooled-up.com " they have an Elora 36mm socket in half inch size at £14.19.
Mr?..Im not that old...yet.

I tried a local shop that was a Draper agent, he didn't have one in, but looked it up in the catalog. £27 for one socket...umm, I'll attack it with some vice-grips before I pay that.

He saw the face I was making and told me of another shop to try. They had one, it was one of those black oxide heavy duty impact wrench types. Price?, £7 and a bit... SOLD!!!

Both were 1/2 drive, but not a problem at all.

Isn't it funny that Metric sockets still list the drive in Imperial.

Thanks again.
Fiesta 1.4 TDCI oil cannister size - quizman
Glad that you are fixed Master trancer!
Master still sounds odd. I think I have gotten used to "Hey you".
Fiesta 1.4 TDCI oil cannister size - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

I'm impressed with Peugeot's thinking on the design of this 1.4Tdci engine - the oil filter housing hexagon is one of those sizes which can be undone by a mechanic with either a metric or Imperial socket set. 27mm is exactly the same as 1 1/16" (one and one-sixteenth of an inch). And that's what I use. And this A/F socket is the same one which used to fit something on the old Minis of my youth. Was it the magnetic oil drain plug? Hey hum, so many years ago! The sump plug on the 1.4Tdci engine can be undone with a spark-plug socket!