bmw e36is coupe front wiper fault - highflier
hi all...can anyone tell me why the front wipers on my 1998 bmw have suddenly become temperamental and only work intermitantly?,
when i push the lever down for a single wipe as soon as i take my hand off they stop dead were they are and then wont move at all!!

also..

the display in the climate control has gone blank, and the drivers side window wont go fully up...it sends itself back down again, can anyone help...i feel like ive just driven through a shower of gremlins.
bmw e36is coupe front wiper fault - Aprilia
Sounds like the self-parking mechanism is at fault. I would remove the motor and check it over - cleaning the track etc if necessary.
CC display could be a fault in the connection to the display - does CC still work otherwise?

Is the driver's window sticking or jamming? (I'm assuming you haven't been 'playing' with the electrics..!).
hi, not been messing, would leave that to the experts...window does not stick it just goes up and back down again, cc stops working altogether.
If the CC just ceases to work and display goes blank then that would suggest a lack of power supply. Probably a bad connection somewhere. Check all connectors and that the relevant fuse is seated snugly.
bmw e36is coupe front wiper fault - reikione
The climate control display is a very common fault on these cars. There is a fix that can be done. It needs a capacitor replacing on the circuit board, if you can find someone that can do it.The other option is a new unit from the dealer.
If it is just the display that is blank then you need to replace a 0.47uF capacitor on the CC PCB. Let me know if you need more detail on this - I have done a few on BM's I have sold in the past.

However, if the CC has actually ceased to work (as you said further up) then I would still say that you have a supply problem.
ive been reading about this myself but it is not a job i would be able to do, the cc display goes blank and the light on the auto button will stay lit but none of the other buttons will work, do you know how expensive it will be for a unit change?
If the light on the button is staying on then it *is* the capacitor problem. I have done a couple of these.

If you want to post your e-mail I will contact you and you can send it to me. I will do it for a couple of quid and the cost of return postage.

A brand new unit from BMW will be a couple of hundred pounds, inc VAT. You could probably get a s/hand one for less, but the s/hand one may also go faulty. Its mainly an age-related thing.
bmw e36is coupe front wiper fault - AR-CoolC
Can't really help with the other bits, but the door glass sounds like it needs adjusting, those coupe door glasses are big and heavy and put strain on the mech. give it a good grease up and check it over as the arms can sometimes go out of shape.